Liquid Soap is a TON of fun!

Brenda

Very nice! I haven't tired liquid soap yet, though I do have the ingredients to start. I guess I am a little intimidated! I will need to just do it and get over my fear!! Great job Brenda... you are an inspiration for me.:cheesy2:

Thanks!

Give it a go! It's an interesting process and great fun to scent and bottle. I've had a very favorable reaction from my testers. Use a BIG pot - I learned the hard way it will boil over if your pot is too small and there is NO STOPPING the eruption once it begins!

May I ask where you get your bottles?

Suzanne

The bottles are from The Chemistry Store. Have to buy the closures separately - I opted for the white, but black is available too. Just scroll down.

http://www.chemistrystore.com/petbottles.htm

Going to have to check out those MMS powder colors.

The lye I get from the hardware store is sodium hydroxide (naoh). This is the stuff that most people use for solid soaps, whether cp, cphp or hp method. It makes a finer grained soap than KOH.

KOH is potasium hydroxide. It is available at chemical supply places if you want a 50 lb bag. Usually, I get a smaller amount on the internet. This is what is used for liquid soap. I've heard it is more forgiving, but makes a larger grained soap than naoh.

Brenda.. not to "house" (<--- old school *l) your thread. I have a visual step-by-step in my yahoo 360 too....:D It's tons of fun isn't it... ttp://360.yahoo.com/la77ny

Your soap looks absolutely FABULOUS by the way.....