Anyone Try this yet?

This looks neat...Wondering if anyone here tried it out yet? Like I need yet another wax to play with...:grin2:

2-pillars-lg.jpg

Clear Pillar Base [CPB]

Candlewic is pleased to introduce the technology to make 100% transparent freestanding candles.

Until now it has only been available to a select few companies on a limited basis. This product is like no other material you have worked with before. The clear candle technology offers unmatched beauty, elegance and design flexibility in freestanding candles. With its remarkable clarity (crystal clear), linear release of fragrance and extended burn times it offers the candle makers/manufactures a truly unique product to the candle industry. This could enable you to be the driving force behind a new trend in candle making and its available exclusively through Candlewic.

The Clear Pillar base in most cases is a two-part system. The product is susceptible to finger printing and requires an overdip in most cases. Candlewic offers an overdip that can be purchased in various putups.

Please follow the recommended manufacturing procedures and safety factors to consider when working with the clear candle base.

as low as $171.60 per unit [ VIEW PRICING ]

The clear pillar base is a polyamide based candle gellant that is created from patented technology. The product is similar to the clear container base, however, there are additional components and processing technologies that enable it to be freestanding. The working/processing temperatures of the product are 210 to 225 degrees F with a melting point of 185 degrees F.

I haven't, but one of the mods (Vicky) has - search in the archive board for her posts. I think I remember her saying it was not the tidiest base to use - and that in fingerprinted easy so you had to use a glaze over it. I consider it more a gel than a wax so I would think you'd have to take the same precautions.