I wanted to thank all of you...

I just wanted to thank all of you for all the help you have given me with my soy wax decision. I have even had ppl offer me samples they had. Just wonderful ppl.

I have come down to a few choses..

* I'm checking on Millcreek..anyone have any info on it?

* But i am very interested in Golden brand 416 for my votives & 415 for my containers..just to test out..still trying to figure out what the difference of 464, 444 & 415 is though..anyone know, please tell me...

* I am also looking into Ecosoya 135. I only have 11 oz tueern jars for now I love the shape & size. I do want to (in the future) go to 18 oz victorian jars..just beautiful jars.

* I'm hearing about C-3 & V-1 too..so maybe next test it.

Again, thank you for all your help...CT has been wonderful!

Can't be much help to you with the wax, b/c I use a different one, and I use jelly jars, but I do order from Millcreek, and they do have great fo's. They have great prices on their Clamshell's as well. You can order a sample pack of FO from Millcreek to test to see if you like them!

HTH!

~Kristen~

one of the differences between 444 & 464 & 415 is that the 444, 464 have a soy universial additive in them. i think i've read somewhere that they can hold up to 15% fo. millcreek's sample pack is 10-2oz bottles for $25.00. they are some really good fos. i use their 125 which is 415 and i get a great to awesome throw with almost all of their oils. if you want some recommendations pm me.

Yes, Jennifer it is. I use MC and on the box they have a big 415 printed on it. They are reasonable in price and I absolutely love their FO's I haven't tried one yet that doesn't throw well in soy. I have 464 too but I still prefer the 415 because it has a better hot throw. I tend to get candle nose after while from the 464.

I am a 415 user myself and have awesome luck with it. I am in the process of trying some para waxes now, but I will still keep 415 around because it works so well for me. I havent really found anything that doesnt throw well in it, but of course I haven't tried every scent out there (although my husband and his checkbook would SWEAR I have lol). I didnt order my wax from Millcreek, but I do use Millcreek for a lot of other things and have always found them a great supplier.

MC has been my main supplier but some things are starting to turn me off about them (but not the products themselves)

1) I don't get the 200# weight break anymore

2) THey're wicks are always just thrown in a bag and alot of them get bent up

3) Every other supplier sends FO samplers with their orders... they don't

So for these reasons I have been looking around for wax and wicks And even oils. The products themselves are good (and wax is GB415) but with so many suppliers little things add up.

I just ordered three of Mill Creek's sampler packs. They have so many that sound good! I called last week and the lady seemed very helpful and took time to answer questions:rolleyes2 Customer service is what got me to order and all of the great reviews on this and another board. I'll post the reviews once in wax. Pink

It sounds like all of you are farther east than me...I'm in California. I get my soy wax from GenWax in Los Angeles. It's NatureWax C-3. I use a universal soy additive from Just By Nature in Texas. I also get all of my FO's from them because they personally test all of their oils in soy wax to ensure the quality of the scent throw, so I haven't had any trouble with scent throw in any of my candles. They also test them for being skin safe, so if you make body care products they can match your candles, which is great if you do baskets. Call Janice at Just By Nature...she is awesome and I always end up talking to her for 10-15 minutes just chatting about things.

I use Millcreek for some of my supplies. I love their FO's, but also use ICS. I tried their wax but didn't like the amount of frosting I was getting and could not figure it out. I went back to 444 and has less frosting problems. Try http://www.gatewayfoodproducts.com/soywax.htm for the GB wax. You can't get less than 50# at a time, but Kris is great to work with and will help you how ever she can. The price from her to me is comparable to anyone else I have tried, they have great customer service and usually ship out the same day I order if I call early enough. Besides wicking & frosting, finding good suppliers can be just as frustrating. Thank goodness we have this site to ask for help, huh?