More Turkey Pot Questions

Okie Dokie...well...although seriously apprehensive, this big ol' turkey fryer is now monopolizing my kitchen counter. ( Joining the 12 well melter for my carved candles) My home is without doubt the "House of Wax" now:laugh2:

I have read that some of you put up to four slabs of wax in these, and use the spout to dispense wax.

I have noticed that the "fill line" is quite low inside the fryer. SO, you fill it on up WAY past the fill line? The fill line accommodated approx one slab of wax:confused:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I got that BIG O'L HONKING Masterbuilt 28 QUART one. On Sale online @ Linens and Things. Gotta love a good sale!

I got really lucky. If I turn the lid upside down it slides into a "dead" corner on my kitchen counter....so it is out of the way....KINDA. Just BARELY fits! It will take up some of my pour space when I pull it out to use it if I use the spout.

I was wondering if anyone keeps the "basket" in there to protect the coils somewhat? Seems like it wouldn't hurt anything. I am having panic attacks about these coils. Not sure why, they are not hurting anything all the way down there by themselves. LOL

I am living vicariously through YOU having a work space separate from your kitchen!!!! SO JEALOUS!! If I was going to stay in Dallas, I swear I would convert my garage and build another one for the car. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a separate "Wax World" from my home. It really is getting insane in here. By all rights I should be able to claim 50% of this space on my taxes.

The fill line on a turkey fryer is so low to accomodate... the turkey :grin2: Many a people have filled their fryers too full, put the turkey in and caused the oil to overflow and that causes big fire, big mess.

My hubby just got me one of these!!! (same model, I bet -- on sale at BBB) I have yet to try it out but I am so excited!!!! :yay:

Michael, don't you just love your new wax melter????:yay:

Ran 2 of mine all day and just love them. I use a long thermometer stuck down in one of the lid holes. I keep mine covered all the time. It will hold 3 1/2 slabs. Mine hold the temp pretty well. Carole :highfive:

I fill mine to about an inch from the top! Although when I put in a 25 lb hunk of 4627 the other day I almost ran it over! I though I had used enough that I had the room........I had to grab a pouring pot and transfer some melted wax to my mixing pot really fast. I does take up some room in the kitchen counter. I have to clear out my stuff every night and move it back to the spare bedroom. I can't wait til spring when I can move the whole operation to the sunroom! I did not realize how much space all of this candle stuff take up! More room than a couple of kids!

So far so good~! I got it filled. I didn't pour today, so once everything was melted I unplugged it...waited...than pushed it back in the corner. I will pull it out towards the edge when I use it so I can use the spout. I think it is going to be great. I will have to get accustomed to the spout. I have always used a laddle....from my old fryer into the pour pot sitting on the scale. ( I am fairly careful..not too messy).....not sure using a spout how I will handle the weighing etc but I will get it all figured out. It will just feel awkward at first. When you have been doing things one way for awhile...and make some changes...it just feels strange for awhile. I am sure I will use one of the small pitchers under the spout to add small amounts after I have filled one of the larger ones close to use in getting my weights exact. Make sense? Not sure it did to me LOL

Thanks for all the tips, links and information. I appreciate you.

M

I fill those suckers up to the top, so my production never slows down all day. Always 70 lbs of hot wax ready to go!!

Make sure you keep something under the spout to collect your "drips". There is always a drip or 2 that comes out afterwards. I have a studio, and even with newspaper and an old pitcher underneath, you should see my floor:lipsrseal

BTW I always use a metal skewer (before I turn it on) to poke a few relief holes, this helps with the wax spewing, and ALWAYS keep the lid on until the wax is melted!!

You will think back on your ladle days with a big old smile on your face, and thank GOD for the Turkey Fryer!!

I dont do candles in the large scale like some of you here, but i'm loving my turkey fryer to no end!! I bought a little kitchen cart thats on casters at walmart to free up the table and counter space. It has 2 table top extensions that can be raised or lowered for more table top space. It also has a small drawer and 3 little metal pull out baskets underneath that you can use for storage. My fryer sits on top of the cart and I can just roll it over closer to the table and plug it in when making my candles., then I just push the cart with the fryer on it back into the corner outta the way. I can probably find a link to what it looks like if anyone is interested.

I dont do candles in the large scale like some of you here, but i'm loving my turkey fryer to no end!! I bought a little kitchen cart thats on casters at walmart to free up the table and counter space. It has 2 table top extensions that can be raised or lowered for more table top space. It also has a small drawer and 3 little metal pull out baskets underneath that you can use for storage. My fryer sits on top of the cart and I can just roll it over closer to the table and plug it in when making my candles., then I just push the cart with the fryer on it back into the corner outta the way. I can probably find a link to what it looks like if anyone is interested.

Please do!

I just bought my second turkey fryer. Kmart had them on clearance for $50.00.I love it. I will be firing up one parrafin for my orbs and canes. The other soy for all my containers.I just started using these. it is an unbeliveable Differance. it makes life alot easier.:cheesy2:

Hello everyone. Just curious is anyone having trouble finding these? I called Linens and Things and they no longer sell them in the stores. I was told by the sales clerk they were sent back to company after holidays. They do have them on line for $75.00.

clc404

You almost perfectly described my work space. I got my turk and surf right before Thanksgiving and then found the island at Walmart. Mine has one extension, and the other side a towel bar I use for paper towels. It has a drawer and then has the cabinet doors underneath, and that's where I store my FOs. I dont have a lot of counter space so the island is a life saver and I can move it closer to the counters when I am working, then just push it out of the way :cheesy2:

When I went to Kmart they had 5 left. I wish I could figure out a way to get these for people who want them. They are only $50.00. I dont know how much shipping would be from West Seneca N.Y.Any one can figure out a way I would be happy to go and see if any were left:cheesy2:

When I went to Kmart they had 5 left. I wish I could figure out a way to get these for people who want them. They are only $50.00. I dont know how much shipping would be from West Seneca N.Y.Any one can figure out a way I would be happy to go and see if any were left:cheesy2:

What brand/type is the one at Kmart? I am in East Bloomfield, NY....just about 15 minutes from Canandaigua. We do have a Kmart in Victor, but I am not sure what I am looking at.

Thanks!