Which wick for Golden Wax 415

Unfortunately you will read on this board anyone using soy and wicks a jar larger than 3 inches usually has to double wick it. It's not so bad really. If you have Eco' try two Eco 8's or 10's for that size jar. You have to test to really see what size and type wicks accomodate any jar you use. I use 415. I like Eco's but somehow I found CD's easier to wick with.

Great, I just orderes an HTP Sample Pack from Lonestar. Unfortunately they only go up to1212. I'll give it a try anyway. I love these bulb jars I got from the jar store.... even though it's kind of hard to place a label properly because of the bulb:rolleyes2. I'm very new with this and I wonder how much double wicking will shorten the burntime of the candle. Lot's to learn still!

I've tried, well let's see...5? 6? waxes?? That I can remember anyways.

I actually like this one. I was kind of surprised that it didn't frost much. Having been told that it's an EZ soy dupe...I did not find that it was a whole lot like EZ.

If it is EZ, it's a better one! It's a nice wax, easy to work with. Good choice.

I recently asked CS this question...I was told that HTP 1312 worked with 415 in 4" apothecary.

I have a whole box of 1312's sitting doing nothing because I was told the same thing when I first started out. It doesn't even reach to 3 inches in soy wax and that is using a 16 oz cascade jar. So CS is wrong. The only thing that reaches sometimes farther than the 1312's is the premier 700 series the 798, but that tends to be iffy in certain jars and air flows.

Its not the wax either it just happens to be that way with Soy wax. It burns a lot cooler so you need a hotter wick. That is why people double wick because it burns hot enough. Don't think there is anything wrong with double wicking with a 16oz candle you can still get 30-35 hours of burning. It happens to throw a lot farther in bigger houses too. I have a 4000 sq ft house and I can smell a double wicker all over with the right FO.