cracking pillars

Large candle companies have what is known as "warm rooms"......making candles in the summer is different than the winter if you don't have it all temperature controlled. When I need to warm some candles...gently.....I put them under lamps.....I bought those cheap ones at Lowes....ones that I attached to my shelf and they are adjustable. I can bring the arms down to a foot over them or down to 3"........I do that before I subject them to anything at all that will cause them to fracture. Like using a heat gun to smooth the insides....heating wax off sea shells.......putting on flowers with hot knives....overdipping....or as it was mentioned.....refilling the candle...pouring in hot wax when the candle is cold will definately freak the poor thing out and the little molecules will pull apart....resulting in a crack. It is amazing how much heat you can get out of a 75W light bulb......does a great warming job. Donita Louise