Leftover candles

I have been using the "left over wax" I get for pours to pour into jars,.. ive got a few of them now and I wonder if anyone has tried to sell these?

I know there may be a few customers out there that think it is neat, but I dont want to seem weird when I tell them I have no idea what all the scents in the candle layers are,..LOL

The only time I've been able to sell anything like that is when I'm pouring Christmas scents and do that.. I name it "Christmas Surprise" and tell the customer it's a one of a kind and can't be duplicated. (mainly because I forget what scents are in there! lol)

But when I do it like that I sell them pretty well.

:)

I have been using the "left over wax" I get for pours to pour into jars,.. ive got a few of them now and I wonder if anyone has tried to sell these?

I know there may be a few customers out there that think it is neat, but I dont want to seem weird when I tell them I have no idea what all the scents in the candle layers are,..LOL

\

There isn't anything wrong with trying to sell them "as is", "one of a kind" Maybe lower the price alittle for a "one of a kind" candle just so you can move them, and still make a profit. Maybe have them catogorized(sp?) as Spring, Fall, Fresh Scent etc... Just a thought; hope this helps.

I remember reading about someone who did this with votives, but can't remember who it was. :confused:

What I do with my leftover wax (when it's not enough to really bother with) is pour it into a pour pot, and just keep adding to it until I have enough to use it on pinecones for firestarters. ;)

I figure I may even be able to add a really strong cinnamony FO to it.

Anway, I know you don't want to waste the wax, it's too dang expensive, and I cringe everytime I can't use it all up.

So, are you putting scents that go well together, or just layering whatever until it's filled? I just wonder how some scents will smell together when burning, KWIM?? I guess I won't know until I try it. LOL

You could call them "dump candles" or "waste not" candles, or something catchy, and offer them for a couple of dollars less than your other jars of the same size. ;)

I do this with all my votive or container wax and call then scrap candles with a scent name Candle Shop (this is the scent you will smell in the shop because of all the different scents) and sell then at a reduced price.

For the scrap containers I try to find an inexpensive container to pour them in and not use my regular more expensive containers.

I've been doing that with my leftover wax from making pillars. When I have enough I just melt them up, and make mixed layer candles. Most times they come out really nicely. I try and mix scents that don't scream at each other. Like mix the bakery scents together, fruity scents etc.....

I make layered jar candles with extra container wax. I call them "Candlaneous". I put a piece of paper under the jar and write down the scent of each layer when I pour it. Then I can put a hang tag with the scents on them, and sell them for the same price as same-sized jar candles. They burn just as well, and look really pretty, so why not charge the same, right? I agree about keeping similar scents together, because you can start to smell the next layer before the first one is finished. You could get an icky combination otherwise. If I don't have enough left-over wax for a decent layer, I just pour it into a container with other wax to use for fire starters.

Feel free to borrow it. It's my brainchild, but I have no plans to trademark it. I didn't want to call them "scrap" candles or something like that, because people would view them as being inferior quality. I made a list of possible names, and my husband liked "Candlaneous" best.