Has any one tried

Vicky_CO

I actually bought one a few weeks ago..I haven't gotten it yet though because it's not available just yet. My husband and I have talked to the company..they are very helpful people..and the sample labels they sent me were awesome! The only thing is...I needed "custom" size labels because the standard sizes would not fit my jars just right..and that is where it gets expensive...I spent $430 on 8 rolls of labels. AND if you need a custom size that they haven't already made in the past, they charge you a plating charge on top of it. I had to find the closest matching custom sizes that they've made in the past for what I needed and live with it because I did not want to pay the plating charge.

I buy all my B&B labels professionally printed and this is what they are printed on. The labels are awesome! I want one of these so bad....so I can just print my own and also having the option of changing scents more often would be wonderful! I think I am paying around 40 cents a label right now to have them printed......I should check into this more.....

I actually bought one a few weeks ago..I haven't gotten it yet though because it's not available just yet. My husband and I have talked to the company..they are very helpful people..and the sample labels they sent me were awesome! The only thing is...I needed "custom" size labels because the standard sizes would not fit my jars just right..and that is where it gets expensive...I spent $430 on 8 rolls of labels. AND if you need a custom size that they haven't already made in the past, they charge you a plating charge on top of it. I had to find the closest matching custom sizes that they've made in the past for what I needed and live with it because I did not want to pay the plating charge.

Which one did you buy...410 or 810?

I would love one of these, but am wondering what program the labels would need to be done in. Also how waterproof the labels are. I know most label companies want labels made in corel or adobe photoshop etc., so I don't see any reference except windows, and mac. I'm sure it's me being blind again. Anyone see it?

I will definitely keep you updated..I bought the lx400, the smaller one. I didn't see the need to buy the bigger one, at least not for what I need it for.

As far as the quality..I think it blows laser labels out of the water at least from the samples they sent me, compared to things I've printed on a laser printer. They are so professional looking.

According to the site, "Labels printed on high-gloss material are highly scratch- and smudge-resistant and virtually waterproof. This is a perfect solution for primary or box labels that can be exposed to water, rain and snow."

I'm not sure how great the software is..but I use adobe photoshop to do my stuff in.

I can't wait till it comes so I can play :yay: With the custom sizes I got, I'm guessing it will cost around 10 cents per label.

I'm curious- what kind of laser printer did you compare it to? I have seen a huge range of quality with different laser printers. You also see a huge range of quality with different label media. We have a print shop and do professional label printing for retail stores at my daytime job, and they've tested lots of different laser printers. They work directly with the printer manufacturers, and have had custom software and hardware tweaks created for them by the manufacturers. They're printing thousands of pages of labels a day, though- so these one-at-a-time printers wouldn't be practical.

I'd love to hear what you think of it, though, and I'd love to compare what the labels look like from this unit when you get it up and running! Not that I could afford to buy one at this point.... :embarasse

This looks nice! However, the price for me right now doesnt. I just got done buying a laser printer a few months back so it is going to have to do me for a while but sure wish I had seen this but I would have had to buy the large model of this printer! LOL

Good luck and please do keep us posted!!

Lynn

I've had my eye on the 810 for a while now (and SLOWLY saving). I would need several label sizes and ALL of them custom so now I'm hesitant again. :( Do they have a list of the sizes you can order without a plate charge?

I think I have it saved in an email they sent me if you want it, I can email it to you.

I have looked this over, and ordered samples. I am strongly considering the LX400. I want to get the labels and get them wet, and mabe put some lotion on them and see how they do. This would save me alot. I would also be interested in knowing how easy their label program is to use.

Got it! Thanks again! :)

At least all of my sizes (or close enough) are on the list...whew.

Ok, so, are the only differences between the 400 and 810 the max label width and that the 400 only takes 1 color cartridge versus the 810 which takes a color and your choice of one of the 2 blacks?

I believe that is the only difference besides the fact the the 810 can print some bigger labels.

When buying from that list, I was wrong, you have to order a minimum of 4 rolls each (just asked my husband cause he ordered them) of the sizes you want and they were $56 each. So any size you pick off that list is minimum $224. I bought 2 of the custom sizes so I spent $448

Unless you can use some of the stock sizes they list on their web page, then they're cheap.

I see primera now lists refurbished printers, they have the lx800 and the lx810 on there for 1,675 and 1,775. I got my lx400 for $950 after a rebate so it wasn't too bad.

Yikes, back to the drawing board then. I need 6 sizes and all are from the custom list. None of their stock sizes will work for me...not even the larger variety available for the 810. :( I'm guessing this is probably how they make the most money.

I almost ordered it this morning, glad I decided to do a little test with the post cards they sent during the last several months! The first one, I took a wet sponge and rubbed over it. It bubbled up and started rubbing off with a little pressure. The last one was the newest, received in Nov. or Dec. It didn't bubble up, but it did scratch off with a fingernail after getting wet. So, I decided to hold the order until next week, when I could talk to them about the coating or try new samples.

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I keep going back to this :drool: so did anyone else cave yet? Any reviews or more info?

I received the samples, but they didn't send anything that holds up in wet conditions even though I chose bath for product type. I keep forgetting to call to ask about those specifically. I think I'm procrastinating so I won't have to give up that chunk of change! :wink2: