bubbles on top of soap log

idacandlelady

Sounds like it's overheating and you are getting the "alien" look. Are you using heat accelorating ingredients, such as honey or milk? That will sometimes happen even without putting it in the oven. A pic of it would make it easier to diagnose, but from the sounds of it, that's what's happening.

:)

hth

One of the reasons I quit CPOP. I find that a 33% lye solution and plain old CP gives me the same result as CPOP.

So if I used a 33% lye solution and did just CP it would saponify just as fast? Is this what you mean. I thought the cpop cooked out the lye faster. Am I wrong? Thanks

So if I used a 33% lye solution and did just CP it would saponify just as fast? Is this what you mean. I thought the cpop cooked out the lye faster. Am I wrong? Thanks

Typically if I use 33% lye sol'n and just do a CP in an insulated mold (or put it in the warm oven and turn the oven off immediately). I can usually unmold the next day.

ETA: I usually soap at night, and unmold about 8-12 hours later.