Jars...

I was just curious on how everyone decided to go with the jars they chose. I am trying to find a jar that I like, but here are so many to choose from I may lose my mind soon :) I have decided that I do not like the lock-lid jars, so I will just use the rest of those to make gifts. I have tried the roly-poly jars, and like the way they look, but wicking that booger has been a pain in my patootie. I have now ordered some 8oz apothacary and mason jars to try. Of course I still can't decide if I want to go with a 'country' look or a 'new age' look too... why oh why did I tell myself that candlemaking will BE the business for me, lol.

I have chosen jars that I loved, but then been to hard to wick. Now I choose ones that are more easier to wick. I love the tins. I never plan on selling mine so I choose what I like. But if you are planning on selling, then I guess you will have to see what is popular in your area. I also dont like paying shipping so I get what I can from candlescience since I pick up orders.

After moving from Tx to Ohio, I changed jars to something I could get locally and reduce the shipping. I also wanted something different.. most around here [and TX] have the jelly jars. I like the prim look but wanted a jar that would look nice in any decor. Wicking was a pita but it taught me more about my candles.. makes for nice conversation at shows.

Well I sell a bunch of different jars and they are grouped into different lines of candles. I sell contemporary styled jars like rectangles, metros etc. because that is what appeals to me and my area mostly..but I also sell an apothecary line. I say choose what you think will sell in your area and something that appeals to you.

I agree with everyone...know your market, and know what you like. I offer 16 oz. Apoth. jars because people's minds are very conditioned to what they have seen already, I also offer a 10 ounce smooth sided jar and 6 ounce tins, and they seem to be doing very well.

Some of the contemporary/modern jars that I personally like are difficult to wick, so I try to stick with the same diameter to make the initial wick decisions easier. My first jars were the 16 oz. Apoth. and 9 hex jars (which I never had a problem with wicking), but grew tired of them after a few years.