WSP changes again

Scent Cellar

My 6oz glass surplus jars arrived today. Woo Hoo! Just in time:rolleyes2

I must say, they lost a lot in shipping that order. I got 108 of the 6 oz jars. Total was like $24 plus cheap shipping. They arrived in 3 boxes that each weighed 18 pounds. I will never again see a deal that good...

~Sue

My 6oz glass surplus jars arrived today. Woo Hoo! Just in time:rolleyes2

I must say, they lost a lot in shipping that order. I got 108 of the 6 oz jars. Total was like $24 plus cheap shipping. They arrived in 3 boxes that each weighed 18 pounds. I will never again see a deal that good...

~Sue

honestly looking at that i don't blame them at all for changing their policy.. their trying to work things out to the best of their abilities but they can't just sit there and eat costs. at least their trying to work on their shipping costs it may just take them a bit to figure everything out. i saw in the newsletter they changed the prices on their oils and butters never ordered so i don't know if the prices changes are good or what

Just got reading that email too. I'm not surprised. I thought they would just exclude the glass and wax, since they are so heavy, so that surprised me. It was nice the way it started, but I can live with the way they've changed it, I knew something had to give, or they'd go in the hole, well not quite, but I can see where they'd be taking a loss on a lot of orders.

They should have been specific from jump street on this policy.

Of course, people are going to abuse the shipping. Why wouldn't they?

I am so annoyed with them as of today. I went to get a few fixed oils, the one pound bottles went up considerably. Castor oil was 1.95 per lb.- now it is 3.50? She put it in her January news as if 1/31.

Fixed Oil & Butter Prices

Today we spent the day evaluating our pricing on fixed oils and butters. We found that in many cases we were not meeting our customers needs. Therefore, we changed our price structure and adjusted our prices. We think you will be very pleased with the results!

I should have known better.

Good thing I pigged out on orders last week. :grin2:

I am going to email New Directions to see if they allow pickups.

They have a distribution center here about 30 minutes from me. WSP can kiss my J Lo booty! :laugh2:

Terri--I emailed New Directions about picking up shipments in Cheektowaga and this is the email they sent me:

Hi Nancy

We are so happy to hear you found us and like what you see so far. We look forward to supplying you with all you product needs. As for picking up your order, I am afraid unless you want to come to our Toronto warehouse that won't be possible. All of the orders ship out of our Toronto warehouse at this time. We are looking at shipping from the New York area, but that is a little further down the road. I hope you will order from us even though it is coming out of Canada. You don't have to worry about any extra fees being added to the order other than what is quoted as the shipping fee when you place your order. We absorb all brokerage etc fees. The orders ship from here within a couple of days and usually once they leave our warehouse they are in New York within a couple of days.

Thanks again for your interest in our company.

Vicky

I don't know if they can pull the orders and set them aside or if it just used to get a large shipment thru customs. Let me know, it would be great to do pick ups!!!

Grrr, i tried to reply 2 minutes ago and my computer went crazy and I had to shut it down!

Anyways, I got the email about the new pricing on oils, and I am thinking, okay they lowered the prices, WRONG, they made them higher. I have sunflower oil as my base oil for soap, well, I had been only buying one or two gallons at a time and that price was $10.95 for a gallon, cheaper than Olive oil but you get the same properties. Well, the new price for a gallon is $15 something, but I think for the 4 gallons it might be a bit cheaper, I will have to look at my old notes. I love that they have so much stuff at great prices, but everything seems to be changing.

I should have placed my order a few weeks ago like I planned (I was trying to figure out the best deal for what I needed) instead of putting it off.

Steph

honestly looking at that i don't blame them at all for changing their policy.. their trying to work things out to the best of their abilities but they can't just sit there and eat costs. at least their trying to work on their shipping costs it may just take them a bit to figure everything out. i saw in the newsletter they changed the prices on their oils and butters never ordered so i don't know if the prices changes are good or what

Can you say stupid? Is this not something they should have thought about before implementing this $6.95 shipping. How dumb can you be? Now they look worse because they are basically admitting how very stupid they are. They could have come out with this excluding glass to begin with. Now they have all surplus excluded. Idiots!

They should have been specific from jump street on this policy.

Of course, people are going to abuse the shipping. Why wouldn't they?

I am so annoyed with them as of today. I went to get a few fixed oils, the one pound bottles went up considerably. Castor oil was 1.95 per lb.- now it is 3.50? She put it in her January news as if 1/31.

Fixed Oil & Butter Prices

Today we spent the day evaluating our pricing on fixed oils and butters. We found that in many cases we were not meeting our customers needs. Therefore, we changed our price structure and adjusted our prices. We think you will be very pleased with the results!

I should have known better.

Good thing I pigged out on orders last week. :grin2:

I am going to email New Directions to see if they allow pickups.

They have a distribution center here about 30 minutes from me. WSP can kiss my J Lo booty! :laugh2:

OMG you are right. They upped the prices on almost all their oils. Good bye WSP. Never bite the hand that feed you.

I got my surplus 12 oz bottles yesterday with flat rate shipping. So sad I didn't order more!!!! Still, even with the $33and change actual shipping, the bottles are 16 cents before tops. That's pretty darn cheap. Even with disc tops and shipping on those, they are a good deal. If my folks like them, I'll grit my teeth about paying so much for shipping.:mad:

Terri--I emailed New Directions about picking up shipments in Cheektowaga and this is the email they sent me:

Hi Nancy

We are so happy to hear you found us and like what you see so far. We look forward to supplying you with all you product needs. As for picking up your order, I am afraid unless you want to come to our Toronto warehouse that won't be possible. All of the orders ship out of our Toronto warehouse at this time. We are looking at shipping from the New York area, but that is a little further down the road. I hope you will order from us even though it is coming out of Canada. You don't have to worry about any extra fees being added to the order other than what is quoted as the shipping fee when you place your order. We absorb all brokerage etc fees. The orders ship from here within a couple of days and usually once they leave our warehouse they are in New York within a couple of days.

Thanks again for your interest in our company.

Vicky

I don't know if they can pull the orders and set them aside or if it just used to get a large shipment thru customs. Let me know, it would be great to do pick ups!!!

This could be a good thing for us. :yay:

The minimum with New Directions is only 100.00. The prices I have seen so far on a few items is very reasonable. I put a few things in my cart before and the shipping from them was ungodly, but I didn't know it is was coming from across the border, when I saw they had a distribution center so close to us.

I will give you a call this weekend! :grin2:

Hope you are staying warm.

Can you say stupid? Is this not something they should have thought about before implementing this $6.95 shipping. How dumb can you be? Now they look worse because they are basically admitting how very stupid they are. They could have come out with this excluding glass to begin with. Now they have all surplus excluded. Idiots!

I couldn't agree more.

They obviously didn't spend more than five seconds "making an educated business decision" (NOT :rolleyes2 ) before they went and sent out a freaking newsletter telling everyone about the new flat rate shipping. A simple exculsion of "no glass" or a certain weight restriction would have saved face for her, so to speak.

She really pissed me off this time.

I have two friends that come to NY at least once a year, and they are nice enough to stop at WSP to save me a boatload on shipping. I am not saving very much if anything after she went and jacked her prices up. I am a long time customer, however I might have to eliminate her now.

Shame on her!

I am so disguisted with WSP right now it isn't even funny.

Major Bummer! Why do companies do this to us? :confused:

'Cause they can!

I was happy to see when the Shea Oil was reduced a little...for me, every lil' bit helps! Then, today, to see the RBO increase 109.9%, the castor oil 79.7%, & to top it off, I can't even include thoses stupid surplus measuring cups in the "flat rate" shipping!! Wow, all this for a mere 6.8% drop in Shea oil! I'm sure other things were increased or decreased...just checked a few things I've ordered before...but really...WTH is really going on??!!

Well, I'm not sure if it will be safe for me to order from them again...I might get a really messed up package :grin2::shocked2: 'cause I just sent a "not so nice" e-mail expressing my thoughts. Very professional, but the tone is not nice at all. I couldn't help it...there was really no nice way to express my disgust! Will someone actually read it :confused: More importantly, will they even care!? After all, I'm just one person...one person who could pull 10 potential customers away from them!

I'm new to this & WSP's prices allowed me to experiment with different oils so I could find what I want to be my "staples"...geez, what's a semi-poor girl to do:mad:

I realize that any change is not without some kinks, and I really didn't expect them to eat the cost of shipping at such a low rate...I expected some price increases, but I agree with mystical_angel1219..she (they) should have put a weight cap on the FRS...it just makes sense. And yeah, go ahead and raise the prices a little...that makes sense to me also...

Argh...I gotta go before I stop making sense!

Somebody check my math...I ain't good at it :grin2:

Sharon

'cause I just sent a "not so nice" e-mail expressing my thoughts. Very professional' date=' but the tone is not nice at all. I couldn't help it...there was really no nice way to express my disgust! Will someone actually read it :confused: More importantly, will they even care!? After all, I'm just one person...one person who could pull 10 potential customers away from them!

[/quote']

I sent them an email on the 28th expressing my digust at their "behavior" in this matter, mentioned to them that they are being talked about on various boards, and basically told them I'd be looking elsewhere for my WSP supplies unless they responded appropriately. Have I heard anything back? Nope. Not a word. I am utterly digusted with that business.