I was on ebay and....

I was looking up tart warmers and some of these people are seriously giving money away! I mean with all of the crazy ebay fees and paypal fees.....How can they sell the heating plate electric tart warmers so cheap????btw...Have you seen the prices on the "triple scented candles"....ha! it's such a joke.

Ok, so next question is....Does anyone know where Levine gets their products? ( I dont mean the tins...I mean the ceramic ones)

Thanks you guys!

I cant find any right now, but I remember the other day I was on there ...snoopin'....and I saw some for like 12.99(buy it now) and with like 5 bucks shipping!??!?!If it cost you 8+ shipping (lets say we're up to 9.00) then you add in your ebay costs ( which for a store its 10% of the retail cost of the item + .05 + extras(like photos and stuff) and then paypal is 2.9 % of total everything + .30!

9.00 product--

1.30 ebay cost

.86 paypal cost

11.16 cost for the seller when they are only making 12.99!!!!....not to metion the whole 5 dollar shipping!(yeah...)

I just dont get it??? Am I missing something here???

OBI in Indy has tart burners for 4.50-5.50 & up depending on the model. If you live local, have a tax id, you can walk into their store and not have to pay for the case prices that you have to online. I'm sure other wholesalers have stores where you can do the same. I'm sure that these people are making what they need to make or they wouldn't do it. I think they probably mark the product up enough so they make a profit. Below is one on ebay from OBI (I ordered some of these in the recent co-op) They are selling it for starting bid of 9.99 and 5.95 shipping. This costs 5.95 to purchase.

The link didn't work for the item, goto e-bay and copy/paste the number below into the search box & you'll see the burner.

My friend has been doing the whole ebay thing for years(she sells clothes) and she is having to shut her store down too because of the fees. She was saying how they went up so much from not too long ago. Owell....But thats good to hear that your website is selling!:yay:

It's a shame with the fee's and all! Up until a couple years ago eBay was soooo much fun!! I met lots of great people I still chat with so that made it worth all the work!! Most of my eBay customers went to my website after the 1st time they won auctions anyways!! LOL!

The fees were quite reasonable when it was still a new fad. This was like almost a decade ago. But I guess they jacked up their fees now that it's become such a big thing and just about everyone (even those who don't shop online) has heard of them. It really is too bad. I had looked into having a store with them and when comparing the prices it was much cheaper to have your own website.