I need feedback on a mushroom

Geek, I marathon burn like that, also, and with a variety of wax/wick combos. I've never used that particular wick, but I have gotten that same mushroom with eco's, lx's, and zincs. I'm trying to be happy with the clean burn and absence of any soot.

IMO that isn't a bad mushroom even if it wasn't a 10 hour marathon burn. Sometimes I think with soy you can't avoid the mushrooms with certain wicks. I concern myself more with a burn with no soot, hangup and has a good throw. while I'd prefer no mushrooms, the last thing I try to tackel is those darn shrooms. I think you should be very happy with your candle.

Hi Geek. I think it looks great and not all that big...many wicks would have been giant 'roomed after 10 hours. Was the throw good and how deep did the melt pool get? These questions are for comparison to my 415/KY115 (same as 402?) Right now I'm burning a 50/50 blend with a 790 in an 8 oz status. My % is 8.3 of Daystar's Spice Market. My 'room is as big as yours in the picture at 2 1/2-3 hours. My melt pool is about 1/4" but throw is low. Haven't used that FO before either. Beth

Hi Geek. I think it looks great and not all that big...many wicks would have been giant 'roomed after 10 hours. Was the throw good and how deep did the melt pool get? These questions are for comparison to my 415/KY115 (same as 402?) Right now I'm burning a 50/50 blend with a 790 in an 8 oz status. My % is 8.3 of Daystar's Spice Market. My 'room is as big as yours in the picture at 2 1/2-3 hours. My melt pool is about 1/4" but throw is low. Haven't used that FO before either. Beth

This is on it's third burn. Also the jar is 3 1/2 inches wide. The first burn was 4 hours, it didn't clean and left ab 1/8 inch all the way around. MP depth was about 1/4 inch. Throw was very good, it smelled up the kitchen and living room, and you could smell it a little in our back bedroom (our house is ab 1100 sq ft ranch). It wasn't eye-iritatingly strong, but very nice. It had a mushroom, but it wasn't real big, and it didn't smoke as much as I thougth it would. The second 4 hour burn got a little deeper, and near the end of the burn the hangup began to erode and slide. Same mushroom and smoke as the first burn.

Then on the third burn, the 10 hour burn, it cleaned it and gave birth to the two-headed mushroom. Once again, not much afterglow and not as much smoking as I thought it would. The MP was at least 1/2 inch, maybe a little deeper. The jar was not too hot. So far I'm pretty happy with it!

geek

IMO that isn't a bad mushroom even if it wasn't a 10 hour marathon burn. Sometimes I think with soy you can't avoid the mushrooms with certain wicks. I concern myself more with a burn with no soot, hangup and has a good throw. while I'd prefer no mushrooms, the last thing I try to tackel is those darn shrooms. I think you should be very happy with your candle.

I ditto that. :grin2:

The smoke you say it has, are you talking when you put the wick out or the soot riseing when burning? I think the mushroom is ok and the jar looks good.

From blowing it out. I get no soot when it burns. I do have to trim the wick down alot lower than 1/4 inch, otherwise the flame is a bit too tall. I should probably try burning it again wihtout trimming to see how it behaves if someone refuses to trim it, or at least doesn't knock off the 'shroom.

geek