labels

Does anyone on here print their own labels? I have been working and testing my soy candles for about a year and just started making my product for sale. I have not put anything out yet because I am looking for that label that makes my candles stand out. I use the the Jarstores jars. The 10oz Rec and the 12oz metro. I am looking for something that will look good on both of them and trying to see what will be more cost effective. I would love to design my own if anyone has any suggestions on a program I should get....I am also curious about a website? Any help would GREAT!!

I use labels that are store brand, ie, Staples. These are cheaper than the brand names and they are compatible with AVERY. You can go to the Avery site and download their templates for their labels. It is waaayyy easy to make them yourself and Avery sets it up just fine with your printer so there's no 'set up' issues.

Now for designs, Microsoft has free Clip Art. But another fave of mine is called PC Crafters www.pccrafter.com

They have so many styles and artists to choose from, you will surely find something to fit your taste and in whatever style you are interested in.

You can usually buy a set of designs for around $5. Again, very easy to do.

It took me so long to decide on a design, but I have finally gotten one together and got all of my labeling done last nite. I love my new label!

Best of Luck to you!

Fern-Marie

I agree Avery works great...that's what I use also. I have just recently started testing the Metros and the crystal clear labels www.onlinelabels.com looks so nice on the Metros...I use the full sheet and cut my own. Actually now I have switched all my jar to clear labels. I bought some clear labels from Office Max but they are not truely clear...they look frosted when put on the jar so I am sticking with onlinelabels.com. I even switched to making my own warning labels.

Sandy~WI

I make my own using printmaster. I love it, it has so many template in there. I use round and rectangle natural kraft labels I buy from brownkraftlabels.com She has good prices by the sheet. My labels come out good everytime. I got the program at sames, I got the gold edition I think. It was 39.95 it has everything on it. There is a smaller version of it at Walmart for 19.95. HTH

You can go to staples or any store like that and get avery labels to make your labels...you can download the program from avery's website or printmaster as someone said you can use also.

I bought a Label printer from Primera. It's expensive but it prints professional quality labels and eventually it will pay for itself :):grin2:

I use hang tags rather than labels for my candles. I just think mine look better when they are burning if they don't have a label stuck to the jar. I use white business card sheets that I get pretty cheap at Walmart and my Print Shop Program. I do my "label" on one side of the card and have the burning instructions on the other side. I punch a hole in one corner and tie them on with a ribbon or piece of material. I DO put a warning label on the bottoms of all my jars.

I've also switched to using a tied on hang tag (business card template on some nice kinda cloud pattern tan heavy card stock printed on both sides, folded in half and edge cut with a craft scissors) on containers since switching jars.

Warning label on the bottom of course, but the frosted jars we're using now just seem like they would be ruined by putting a label on. We're working on stepping up the image of the product a bit to make it a bit fancier and sophisticated... people around here seem to like it.

Now, we just need to find a good price for some fancier bags and large quantities of a good matching tissue paper.