Filling lotion in bottle

southernscents

The way I do put my lotion in my bottles is this. I put the lotion in a baggy (storage or freezer quart size) then add my FO and then color if I am going to color. Close the baggy and mix it really good then when ready I will cut a little corner off and screeze (sp?) it into the bottle. HTH

I have used all of the methods mentioned but had no luck. Finally, purchased the huge jugs with the pumps, so I use a big funnel to pour into jug, while it is still warm after mixing in mixer, then I can fill each bottle from the pump.

It works so well. You should have seen the different contraptions my hubby so painstakingly made to try and make my lotion ordeal go smoother.

I get the jugs from MMS, now I can fill 1 bottle at a time or 30.

HTH

Michelle

Those that use the gallon bottle with the pump.

First how do you get all of the thick lotion out of the gallon jug without cutting the jug? I can pump so much out then I stuck with some left in the jug.

Second after you mix the lotion how do you get it back into the narrow opening of the gallon jug?

I would like to use this method but transfering out of the jug to mix then back into the jug to pump out is just so dang hard and time consuming.

I use a combination of the baggie method and gallon bottle with pump method. I have such a hard time filling malibu tubes with the baggie method, and had a hard time mixing the FO, dye, etc in the gallon bottle, so I finally just came up with my new method! Hope I can explain this so it makes sense.

I use a 2.5 gallon ziplock baggie, and dump the entire gallon bottle of base into the baggie (I don't use the pump for this, just dump it out). Shake the gallon a bit to get as much as you can in the baggie. What's left in the gallon just leave for now. Add your scent, dye, and any other additives to the baggie and mix, mix, shake, smoosh, etc to get it all mixed up. Once mixed, cut a small corner off the baggie, squeeze about 1/6 to 1/4 of the mixed lotion back to the gallon, and then shake, shake, shake the gallon bottle to get the lotion that's left in there mixed in with the mixed lotion. Add more, shake, add more, shake, until it's all back in the gallon bottle. Then just use the pump to fill bottles!