temps

Hi and welcome. Some of the reasons would be that paraffin (or the fumes released when you heat it) is actually flammable and so it would be a fire hazard, the wax degrades (and discolours) if you heat it too much for an extended period, fragrance is very sensitive to heat and so if you add it while the wax is very hot, it will cause degradation of the oil and alter the smell. Also, particularly with paraffin, the hotter the wax gets the more the molecules expand. When it cools down it contracts again. If you were to pour any candle, even a votive, at a very high temperature it will shrink more in the mold, so you will have to do at least one repour, possibly more.

Just some of the reasons, but there are losts more - you will find that there is a reason for everything in candlemaking:smiley2:

In addition, the temps of your pour can change your candles look. Too hot of a pour can lead to more shrinkage and sometimes you need to hit a certain temperature to bind say sand and wax, but you have to watch the temperature so that you don't lose the wax to fire.

Hi Scented.

Thank you. I don't think I'll be able to see any color discoloration at this time as I left them white so far and used baby powder FO. It's okay, so far. I did just buy a thermomoter at A.C. More today so I'm learning and following all of your suggestions. Thanks for helping me make a good votive candle.