Flat Taper burn pictures

Well the flat twisted taper burned better then the round spiral candle which I didnt figure on. I thought the round one would burn better then the others. The tear drop candle burned fantastic too, but when it got to the bottom the whole deal split into 2 pieces since I had the wick going all the way to the bottom. Easy fix for the next one if I get another one made. I LOVE the look of the tear drop when it was burned about half way down. The round spiral one started out fine even with the melt pool hanging at a 45 degree angle. It went to crap when it got closer to the bottom as the candle became thicker.

Bruce

post-327-139458417649_thumb.jpg

post-327-139458417655_thumb.jpg

post-327-139458417659_thumb.jpg

post-327-139458417664_thumb.jpg

post-327-139458417668_thumb.jpg

Hey Bruce, thanks for posting that! I was curious how they'd burn.

At first glance I thought the spiral had good burn potential, but in hindsight I see it has a built-in weakness. Once enough wax is melting (when you get to the thicker part), one side is bound to give way with things being at an angle.

It's really cool to see how well the flattened shapes work. They look good burning and it seems all the melted wax gets consumed before it can drip.

Great pictures, especially the last one. Was hoping you'd post burn pics. I am in love with your tear drop. I couldn't dupe it but did end up with a nice disk version. Thanks for the inspiration. After the 1st tester I figured out the wick had to be 1/2" from the bottom. If DH ever comes back with the camera I'll post a pic.

Great pictures, especially the last one. Was hoping you'd post burn pics. I am in love with your tear drop. I couldn't dupe it but did end up with a nice disk version. Thanks for the inspiration. After the 1st tester I figured out the wick had to be 1/2" from the bottom. If DH ever comes back with the camera I'll post a pic.

Cool! Would love to see a picture of yours. I wasn't watching the tear drop one very close and while I was working on something else I heard it fall over onto the scale and go out. I wish I had taken another picture before it split, it was neat looking as it burned deeper down.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Bruce

Interesting burns, definitely. So the tear drop fell over? If you get to trying any more, how about a circle?

I am surprised by the flat twisted one having issues and would have thought the twisted one would have had more issues. Sure liked the pictures though!