Wicking advice

Hi everyone. I got 10 lbs of the ky votive pillar wax and was wondering what a good starting point would be for wicking standard size votives. I found the rrd34s are working for the ecosoya vb, but they are still cracking all the time which is why i want to try a different wax. Would the ky votive pillar wax need the same size wick rrd 34 or maybe smaller? I was just wondering if any of you use the ky wax and what size wicks you use before I order so I can get an idea of what sizes to get. I am liking the rrd wicks so far. Thanks in advance!

I use the KY votive wax and just love it. I use an HTP 41 in it with great success with most of my FOs. I've heard of some using as large as an HTP 63 and 73 but my experience shows those sizes to be too big and too hot. I tried the RRDs but found the 34 to be just a bit too small. I went up to the next size and it was just a bit too big and I felt got my glass just too hot. HTH:)

I use the KY Votive/Pillar wax and I love it too. I've had the best results using the HTP62 wick. So far I've been able to use it with all my FOs and get a consistent burn everytime in several different size/shape votive cups. I always recommend buyers use a tight fitting votive cup, but in my experience most don't - so I tried to wick to allow for that.

HTH :)

Hi Henryk,

Did the votives with the lx14's have a better scent throw than the 12's? I would think the 12's would burn longer but if the scent throw was better with the 14's then I might choose that one to test first. What do you think?

I did a lot of testing with that wax when I used it. Here is the post about it (link has photos):

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1119047103;start=3#3