USPS Priority Mail Shoe Boxes

bravo5

Anybody know if these are fairly new? I don't remember seeing this size before. They're also self sealing like the FR boxes.

Priority Mail Shoe Box - 7.5 X 5.125 X 14.375

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13354&productId=24351&langId=-1

I went to order FR boxes for co-op, saw these and ordered a few. They're great! I had some items that were too tall and too wide for the largest priority mail box I had, and these boxes fit the items well. They're also going to be perfect to ship a wax-dipped bear or critter!

It's the same size as the flat rate FRB-1. So it is good if you have quite a lot of things, as much as a flat rate box, but they are going someplace fairly close (zone 3 or 4) or if the things are light. These boxes came out not too long ago, which explains why some of us have not seen them. What I find a bit cumbersome though, is that they're side loading instead of top loading, so it is harder to get your stuff into it.

No- I have the flat rate boxes and they are way smaller.

FR Boxes:

FRB1 - 11" X 8.5" X 5.5"

FRB2 - 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8"

Other priority mail boxes I have:

Box4: 7" x 7" x 6"

Box7: 12" x 12" x 8"

This "shoe box: 7.5 X 5.125 X 14.375

I have some items that are JUST over the 12" Box7 max, and these are working great.

Also, I don't use the FR boxes that often unless there's something pretty heavy. I find that the shipping is more for them than regular priority mail.