I had a bad case of candlenose!

Made Ezsoy candles for X-mas gifts using BCN FOs. I didn't think my candles had a very good hot throw after 3 weeks curing. But, I gave them as gifts anyway. I was finally able to smell the hot throw after 5 weeks curing. Everyone I gave the candles to commented on how strong they threw, and they loved them. Well, I just returned from vacation for a week. When I walked into my house, all I could smell was Spiced Cranberry candles. There were only 3- 8 oz jelly jar candles (not burning of course) in my house, in different rooms. The lids were off the candles. I could not believe they could scent my house just with a cold throw. I guess my sinuses are worse than I thought. I guess I will stick with Ezsoy and BCN.

Know what you mean!!! I think I suffer from it almost permanently and the first time I just mentioned to my husband that I think I have a bad case of candlenose he almost fell of the chair laughing at the term "candlenose"!:o Must be the mental picture he though funny.

Candlenose bites especially when you have a light FO. I've been tryin to test Amber Romance from GL, and it is not throwing well for me in any soy blend or parasoy. At least, I'm not smelling it! Mrs geek smells it but it's still not real strong. I may wind up trying a different supplier of that dupe scent. I really like it, too. Nice and girly smelling for romantic times :wink2:

geek

For some reason it is cinnamon for me. Which Spiced Cranberry has. Thats why I was surprised. It really sucks not to be able to smell your own candles when others think they are awesome. I only seem to be able to smell them when I first light and melt pool gets going. Then the candlenose kicks in. People come in and say, wow that candle smells great, so I know it is throwing good. I can really smell Autumn Spice from BCN, which a lot say is a weak scent. Has a lot of clove and orange scent and that one is so strong for me. I can smell my tarts a little better, wickless are about the same as wicked candles as far as my nose goes.

Candlenose bites especially when you have a light FO. I've been tryin to test Amber Romance from GL, and it is not throwing well for me in any soy blend or parasoy. At least, I'm not smelling it! Mrs geek smells it but it's still not real strong. I may wind up trying a different supplier of that dupe scent. I really like it, too. Nice and girly smelling for romantic times :wink2:

geek

If you haven't already, try it from MC. I got it to throw well in 444.

I love the smell of twigs & berries in ezsoy from BCN but it sure does give me a headache when mixing and pouring. I am going to get me some masks to use next time. I think I'm getting candlenose when burning too. Hope I don't get some other kind of nose.