My First "Real" CP Soap

BubbleBath

Yesterday I made my first "Real" batch of CP Soap. (Last make I made a small recipe with no scent or color). I figured I'd try to swirl also. I had some B&B safe dye from BCS (liquid); which I know is not great for CP; I do have some pigments ordered and they will arrive Thursday. Anyway, the saop is scented with NG's Mardi Gras and I attempted a double swirl, green and purple. Well, the purple turned red and the green disappeard, but I don't care! I made soap:yay::yay: with swirls:yay:.

1stSoap.jpg

My 9 year old daughter told me this morning as I was cutting the soap, "It's so cool when your mom can make soap".

Thanks everyone! I figured the easiest way to swirl was by doing it in the pot. I seem to like it, so I think that's how I'll continue to do it (unless I get the urge to try it in the mold).

Thanks again everyone. Maryann, last week I made a small one pound batch of unscented, uncolored soap just to see if I could actually do it. I'm glad you like the color; It supposed to be purple, but came out a nice reddish color. The green that I used didn't even show up!!!!