Itching to play

Now that the big holiday rush is over, I want to play with some different wax. Does anyone know what brand NG's soy wax is? I don't want to get something I have tried before. I know I read something on here before, but can't find the thread. TIA

P.S. DH is in Japan for a month, so I get to play all I want!:wink2:

Yep, I tried the 464. I got major sink holes, a little to soft for me. I like the wax I am using, but I would like to try others that have better shipping rates or better yet, something I can pick up. Also, it's fun to just PLAY! I think I tried the 415 already. I will have to go check my notes. Bad memory! :embarasse I know I didn't try EZ soy, but if they are the same wax I don't think I'll bother (if I already tried the 415). Great price though!

I have poured it at 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, on up and just can't get away from them. Warmed the jars, cooled in a box, out of the box, you name it. Way to time consuming filling in the sink holes and smoothing out the tops. I poured slow too. I still have some though. Maybe I'll try again. It was a couple of months ago, so the conditions might be right now. Soy can be very strange!

Dana, I tried a couple of things that helped me with the sink hole issue. After I poured...at 115-118* - I would tap the whole jar on the counter a bit, kind of like if you're making a cake and after you pour the batter into the pan you might slam it on the counter a bit to release the air bubbles...sometimes I would see the air bubbles rise to the top. Also, try pouring slushy.

Most soys do require a slushy pour.

Most importantly, be sure that there are no 'cold spots' where your candles are setting up. Try to keep them from any cool drafts and in a fairly warm environment.

I find that if I pour in my very sunny kitchen when the sun is blazing, I have no set up problems at all. At night...forgeddaboudit! What a nightmare! Sink holes are caused by rapid, uneven cooling and sometimes that can occur in a certain spot, usually caused by drafts.

I know it's tough and frustrating. You have my sympathy. I've been through it.

Yep, I tried the 464. I got major sink holes, a little to soft for me. I like the wax I am using, but I would like to try others that have better shipping rates or better yet, something I can pick up. Also, it's fun to just PLAY! I think I tried the 415 already. I will have to go check my notes. Bad memory! :embarasse I know I didn't try EZ soy, but if they are the same wax I don't think I'll bother (if I already tried the 415). Great price though!

I like to play too! :) The EZ-Soy is 415, in fact alot of suppliers use the 415 as their house brand.

geek

Most importantly, be sure that there are no 'cold spots' where your candles are setting up. Try to keep them from any cool drafts and in a fairly warm environment.

I find that if I pour in my very sunny kitchen when the sun is blazing, I have no set up problems at all. At night...forgeddaboudit! What a nightmare! Sink holes are caused by rapid, uneven cooling and sometimes that can occur in a certain spot, usually caused by drafts.

I know it's tough and frustrating. You have my sympathy. I've been through it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, my *perfect* pours at 150 are in a 70 degree room that doesn't have any drafts!!!

-Kristi

Being that I pour down stairs in the basement, I never thought I had drafts. But there is a heat/air vent in the ceiling. I wonder if that causes a draft. I am going to tape that baby up and see what happens. I run another heater anyway, so it shouldn't change the room temp anyway. Gosh, what we chandlers go through to get a pretty candle!