Did any of you try soy beads?

I did a search and read several threads regarding soy beads. The reason for this is that I was in a local shop recently that carries Beanpod candles. They also had the 3 oz packs of soy beads. Can't remember now what I paid for them, but it was several $$. I bought them so that I would know firsthand what they were and how they worked.

I put them on a shelf and forgot about them until today. What a complete disappointment and waste of money that purchase was. I put the beads in a melter and left it on for several hours. I got no scent from them at all. Not a weak scent--NO scent.

Is Beanpod really still selling these? I find it hard to believe that anyone would purchase a second time. My conclusion is that it is just a clever marketing gimmick.

For those of you that are curious, don't waste your money.

These are much smaller than any blueberry embeds I've ever bought. They're not much bigger than candy sprinkles. They melt just like a regular tart. It was the complete lack of scent that really bugged me. What a waste of money.

If I'm correct, Bean Pod was not the first to come out with these. SwanCreek candles was. I've never tried them because they want too much money for them. I think someone on here even got a mold for them and started trying to make them and found it to be a pain on the keester.

Fire:cool2:

I've tried the swan creek ones and they are convenient as some melts I've seen are WAY too big and too thick to even break with your hands. To be honest, the best throw in melters have been the ones I've made myself using good FOs and just plain ky soy pillar wax. To be fair, don't you think that because they are so small and out in the air (swan creek ones are anyway), that the scent sort of evaporates out of them? I'm new at melts, but I've bought two melters just to use for the holidays, and the one with the 40 watt bulb definitely throws better than the 25 watt bulb one I have with the same wax. Maybe that would help too ?