what does it cost you to make 1 bar of soap?

malaki

I purchased Soapmaker over the holidays and I am in the process of entering the info so that I will know what it is costing me.

At this point and time I have not clue.

I am entering info for all the products I sale.

This program is great.

This figure all depends upon the size of bar you are talking about. My soap for men is 1 1/2 oz larger than my soaps for women. Larger bars seem to fit their hands better and the ladies like the smaller bars. I buy all my oils in 50 lb quantities from Columbus Foods and my lye is purchased in 50 lb bags. So my range varies by quite a bit.

I'm a newbie here, so first of all "hi". I've been making cp for about 6 mo., eight batches so far.:grin2: My soap is costing me about .20 an oz., which comes to .90 for a 4.5 oz. bar. I did a little figuring and found that the soaps we were buying sell for .30 an oz. or more. So, now I feel very justified in making my own that is better an cheaper. :yay:

The last time I checked, mine ranged from $.85 - $1.25 per bar, but I've been able to buy a lot more in bulk lately and I've started standardizing my recipe instead of playing with it so much from batch to batch. I'm guessing I've got the price down to about $.70 or less per bar.

HTH