spray on moisturizer

friendlyMOM

I'll bump this up for you because this is one of the things on my must make list, lol.

I know what kinds of things I want to add but i'm at a loss for where to start in regards to a simple base/carrier/whatever. I'm thinking of starting with Aloe Vera Juice and seeing just what I can add and still have it be 'sprayable'. OR perhaps a light carrier oil and then see how it works to add my IPM which is supposed to kind of take the greasyness out of things. I have a customer (actually one of my MK customers, lol) who can not use a lotion or anything that will soften his hands since he works with them and they get nicked easy if they are soft- BUT he has terribly itchy dry skin. I've been selling him a serum that comes in a treatment pump... $20 a bottle! But guess what? They stopped making it, lol. So now i'm determined to, lol.

Does anybody make something moisturizing as a lotion, but sprayable and not greasy? (sounds wonderful don't it??)

Are you looking for a clear liquid base, or more of a lotion base? Lots of suppliers have a "concentrate" lotion base that you can adjust to your liking, from a thick cream to a spray lotion.

WSP has a "luxury moisturizing mist," which I think you will find some people like and some don't.

I have body splash from the Candlemaker's Store, and I just had someone ask me the other day if it was a moisturizing spray because it made their skin feel so soft. I don't advertise it as anything but a "splash."

I think true lotion sprays were a novelty a few years ago, and now you never see them anymore. I bought a bottle of the stuff myself and kind of thought it was stupid. You sprayed it on, but still had to rub it in like regular lotion, so I saw no benefit in it.

I think you can probably find some recipes here for making your own moisturizing mist if that's what your looking for.

Has anyone used the body dessert from Bath Junkie was wondering if this is something you are talking about I love it and would like to know what it is? Its like a lotion but when you spray it on its like a moisturizer its not a lotion feeling base but in the bottle it looks like lotion????

I'm JLDorrington's friend that tried the sprayable lotion from the base sold at WSP. I think it came out great. It is definately not for someone with severely dry skin, but for a problem with just a little winter itch it's perfect. Very light, liquidy, not at all greasy. It really doesn't even need to be rubbed in. This would be a great product for a man, possibly in a aluminum bullet bottle.:grin2: Plus, you'll need no color! The thing I think I like best about this product is it uses soo little FO. I also took some advise from the reviews on WSP, and used some polysorbate, because there was definately a problem with FO floatage. Good luck! You gotta try this product...

Brittany :yay: