Oils by Nature shipping

beesweet

No it is not just you. I was on their site today looking to get some oils and the pricing has gone up and Yes the shipping is inflated.

I use to order from them all the time and now I don't because of this reason. It is cheaper for me to order from columbus foods.

Beesweet, do you live very far from them? If so and with UPS rates having gone up again this year, it could account for the high shipping. I just ordered something from the next state (weighing a little under 40 lbs) and with UPS shipping it is close to $18. So if it was coming from cross country I could see it could easily get much higher.

I am only a couple of states over, not across the country. I think I discovered at least part of the problem. In the past, I always ordered at least 4 gallons of oils. Now, the cart automatically goes to two boxes after 3 gallons which is ridiculous. If memory serves, the last box had plenty of room and everything was falling around inside the box because they never bother to add enough peanuts. :confused:

I dont find their shipping to be high. I just received an $850.00 order that was about 60 lb's (57 1 lb bottles) shipped in 2 boxes and the shipping was only 4.5%. I average into my cost of product 20% shipping, so this is way below average for me.

Now Candlewic, they have outragous shipping. Just one box of 52 lb wax $52.78 cost me $38.48 / 73% in shipping so I wont be ordering from them. The problem is, they are only 1 of 2 places that carry the hurricane wax I need for photo 'canes.

Hmm, I thought with UPS the charged is based on total weight and it doesn't matter if it is split into 2 boxes as long as it is all one shipment?

Nope, I found that out the hard way. For a wholesale order I estimated shipping cuz I knew the weight, but when I did the "label" I only entered it as 1 box.

When I actually did the label online, and entered in my 2 boxes (weight was about what I estimated), the shipping was way more. Weird, huh, and it really ticked me off cuz I had to eat that extra.

Now Candlewic, they have outragous shipping. Just one box of 52 lb wax $52.78 cost me $38.48 / 73% in shipping so I wont be ordering from them. The problem is, they are only 1 of 2 places that carry the hurricane wax I need for photo 'canes.

In my experience- I have found Candlewic to be the most reasonable on shipping charges. I would call and speak to someone, personally. I have received heavy shipments from them that were less in shipping charges than suppliers in my own state.

Nope, I found that out the hard way. For a wholesale order I estimated shipping cuz I knew the weight, but when I did the "label" I only entered it as 1 box.

When I actually did the label online, and entered in my 2 boxes (weight was about what I estimated), the shipping was way more. Weird, huh, and it really ticked me off cuz I had to eat that extra.

Hmmm. In that case I wonder how those who use real time shipping on their website shopping carts would come up with the right answer. You can program in the weights but I don't see how the cart would be smart enough to know if it will all fit into one box or if you will need two. Unless you program the volume in, in addition to the weight. But that would be way too complex considering boxes come in so many sizes.

I know in osCommerce you tell it in the config what's the max weight you'll put into a box, and if an order is over that, it sends UPS a different quantity of box. I know, it's weird.

Got it!

So maybe Beesweet got an estimate on the high side because they've programmed their cart to start a new box sooner than necessary?