415 and Tarts

I've been testing the 415 for containers and tarts. I like the results in the containers, they smell good with a little roughness on the tops...with the tarts some come out good and some don't....i've tried the 416 and it's nice, but there are no suppliers even close to me that carry it...for those who use 415 for tarts, what do you add to it? if anything...

I've been testing the 415 for containers and tarts. I like the results in the containers, they smell good with a little roughness on the tops...with the tarts some come out good and some don't....i've tried the 416 and it's nice, but there are no suppliers even close to me that carry it...for those who use 415 for tarts, what do you add to it? if anything...

I use 415 but I use the clamshells. I did use the metal scalloped edged molds prior to the clamshells and they were a bit soft, but usually came out ok. As for the roughness in the containers on the tops, a little heat on the top will make them a lot more smooth, at least for me it has.

i've tried the 416 and it's nice, but there are no suppliers even close to me that carry it.

Wher do you live? Call or email Golden Foods and ask if someone near you would add what you need to their order. That's what I did last year, made arrangements for a local supplier to add my wax to their GF orders. I use 435 and not too many others use it so they don't carry as much as 415.

I'm wondering if i can use the 415 in a clamshell, i love making tarts but as said before the handling gets messy and putting them into bags gets crazy too, sometimes they look all smudgy...

You sure can, that's exactly what I use anymore for mine, and I use 415

I tried EZ Soy (which is supposedly the same as 415) for my tarts. I personally am going to try EcoSoya PB instead because I was unhappy with the soft oily melts. I like they melt fast on the burner but for me, I just didn't like the feel of them.

I tried adding veggie SA to them and BW, with nearly the same feel and the SA would make them frost out of control. I plan to order the EcoSoya PB tonight so I'm sure you'll hear soon whether or not it worked or was a disaster for me!

I have been unsuccessful w/trying to make tarts using 415. I've tried pouring slushy and they are just rough & ugly. Lots of frosting. But, my jelly jars look fine. Very frustrated. :undecided

Could it be that the room is too cool?

Any advice on the 415 would be great.

Thanks

tartnflight