What are you charging for Shower Gel?

Noodle

Well, i can get away with selling an 8 OZ bottle in any fragrance that i carry for 2-4 dollars but that price is just making a couple dollars off of it.

An 8 Oz bottle of shower gel for 2-4 bucks..and making a couple of dollars?? Hmmmmmm...if you charge 2 bucks, and make 2 bucks profit, are you getting it for free?? It's already been determined that you aren't making your products. If YOUR suppliers are going to give it to you for free for you to sell and make a profit, then I'm starting out the wrong way by making my stuff.

My bottles are a $1.00 each and approx lotion base is about a $1.00.So I have to charge at least $5-6. I live in a area I could not get more.For my website I would go 6 and will be changing that.First I have to get more sales.LynnS

No guys, i make my own shower gel, i have been making bath and body products forever. No they are not free. www.southern-scents.com to get the base that i use. All you do is add skin safe dye, if you want and add in 1/2 an ounce of fragrance per gallon. I said i could get away selling it for two to four dollars making a couple bucks off each, that at the four dollar price, if i sell it at two dollars i make like 50 cents or so.

the products on my site i do not make but i make my own products to give as gifts and i am about to start selling those too.

I make my shower gel from scratch, as in oils, water, KOH. It takes hours to make, and a lot of patience. PLus I have to use my "guns" (muscles) to stir to crap out of it for hours too. So I factor not only the wholesale costs of the ingredients, but my electricity used to make it, and my time used to make it.

If you are using a base then taking your wholesale costs including shipping the jug to your house, and your bottle costs, fragrance costs, and multiply all that by 2.5. I think that is how a few figure out their retail. Hope that helps Noodle.