Goat Milk with Honey & Oatmeal

ladysj

This was my first attempt at GM I didn't add any fragrance or color because I know alot of people don't like scented soap. I added my GM to my lye water mixture before mixing with my oild. I kept getting a shadow on part of the pic so I cropped it to take it off. Is it better to wrap this in blankets or not. The room I have it in is very cool. Thanks for looking

goatmilk2ze0.th.jpg

ETA: I used Wild Angel's recipe I can't wait to try it.

Nice and creamy lookin, good job. Milk soap usually is not insulated as it will generate enough heat on it's own.

Thank you for the input on the heating. A little after the fact I just peaked and it's turned a really dark brown but I like it(wish it had stayed the light tan though), it looks kind of chocolatey in a way lol My original thought was to cover it with press n seal and just let it set out I wasnt sure so I blanketed it. I kept reading about not letting it gel and I wasn't sure how to do that without putting in the frig which I didn't have room for it. So I can just cover it with the press n seal and it will be good to go?

Nice and creamy lookin, good job. Milk soap usually is not insulated as it will generate enough heat on it's own.

Nan's taught me that! ;) I was going to say that last night and even suggest that you put it in the refrig to see if that would help the overheating. It looks wonderful!! GM's is on my list to try- I have someone down the road from us that raises goats and said please take some milk. Now to get over there and get it :) .