And the CP is in the mold!

funnygirl

Well, the first experiance was nice. Im not as freaky about the lye now. :P

I didnt have any problems with acceleration, I poured most in the mold, then kept a little out to add color to. Poured that in to attemp a swirl, LOL! Looks like I kept too much out, cause we got a whole lot of color and not much swirl. Oh well, it was a fun first try.

I did miscalculate what the mold I used could hold, cause I ended up with a bunch left. You should have seen me racing around trying to find something to pour the rest in. My husband said "just throw it away". I was like, "Are you crazy!". :mad: Found a mold I used for some M&P, so it's all just chillin in my oven for now, since I dont have anything to cover it with. I have the light on so I can see it, I hope that doesnt hurt anything. :undecided ????? It's a little warm in there.

So, how long before I can see these "stages" start to happen? :grin2:

Don't ya feel better now??:yay: I tend to keep out too much to color still. :embarasse I place mine in the oven with Saran Wrap on top of mold, then cover with old blanket wrapped around the whole mold. I still haven't seen it go thru any stages!! :cry2: Guess I don't peak at the right times...lol Hopefully you'll be able to take out of the oven this afternoon, and check to see if it's ready to cut. :D We want pics!!

Yea, I take out too much to color also. So I pour what I need for my swirl and then put the rest into individual molds (heart shaped rubber ones from Kohls).

Warm is fine - good actually as long as it doesn't overheat. If you start to see "sweat" on top, open the door. I like to preheat the oven to 170 BEFORE putting the soap in, then turning it OFF when I do put the soap in and shutting the door.

Stages? Well you might be able to see the gel advancing - it'll get darker and more translucent in the center of the mold first and then spread toward the edges and corners. Not sure what other stages you would see. If your oven is warm then you should definately reach full gel (gels all the way to corners) - a lot of us battle "partial gel" where the center gels but the edges and corners don't.

You don't need a cover if the oven is warm. I only use one if I'm insuating outside the oven.

I peeked lots! LOL! It did go through a complete gel, starting in the middle and going until it reached the edges. Then it went backwards, starting at the edges and working toward the middle, ungelling? LOL!

When I woke up this morning it was almost done. By noon (13 hrs. total) it was ready. It popped right out of what I used as a mold. I cut it. The sizes shapes arent the exact same, but it will work until I get a better mold anyway. It doesnt look to bad. It's white on the bottom w/the attemp of a dark rusty red swirl on top, hehehe. Im still waiting for it to discolor to medium brown, according to BB. Im so thrilled! Gonna try the GM tonight and gonna do a swirl in the bowl to see if I can get some color all the way through. This is super fun, and I am officially hooked. Cant wait until I can try it! Soo how long is that anyway? 4 weeks? Will take a pic and post back. :wink2:

Thanks! It does look "berry" in the pic doesnt it. :undecided It's really not at all. It is a deep rust brown red. I thought that would look nice because according to BB this will discolor to a medium brown. I thought the rust red swirls in the medium brown base would be a good combo for the Arabian spice. I guess we will see if it turns out like I saw it in my brain, LOL!

I want your red LOL!! I can't get it to save my soul. Looks like a good first!! Yeah, what E said lol ... it gets better with time after time after time after ... ;) You might peek as much the second go around too, but hey, I still peek and peek and peek ... (I have gone from 50 looks to three lol!)