Candle Party Games Help

I know that there are a lot of people that like the games, but I'm not one of them. If I want to shop, I shop. Those games are one of the reasons I no longer attend baby or wedding showers. I send a gift so I don't have to endure the games.

I also hate most party games. I like the hostess trivia idea, although that means having to customize questions for every party you do.

One game I did enjoy a while back was at a tupperware party. After the tupperware "talk" the rep did a trivia contest about the products. She prepped us before the talk so we were listening good! The "game" gave the hostess the opportunity to revisit whatever product topics were important to her! Each person who answered a question correctly got monopoly money, and when the game was over she auctioned off a few small products that we could bid on with our monopoly money. If you don't want to auction, you could give each person who correctly answers a raffle ticket, and then raffle off a candle or two. HTH.

When I do home parties I don't do any games but I do have a door prize and on the door prize slip I get a little info from each guest like name phone email addy and including if they would like to host a candle party along with their favorite candle scents and then at the end I draw one out for a free 8 oz candle. It's a nice way to get peoples info.

Sandy~WI

We did a raffle at our shows (disclaimer: these were our first two home shows, so we are, by no means, experts at this) but no games. We made it clear there would be no games, no hard sell, no nothing...just stop in and shop at your convenience during certain hours.

Things we learned: put somewhere on the invite that they may bring a guest if they would like (maybe even let them put an extra slip in the raffle for every guest they bring with them?). I had someone tell me "well, I was going to bring so and so but I didn't know if it was ok".

Have plenty of brochures, if you have them, available so people may reorder conveniently.

It was the most profitable show of the season - again, being a newbie at doing shows, we only have four other craft shows to compare it with. :D

HTH

Jane

I know that there are a lot of people that like the games, but I'm not one of them. If I want to shop, I shop. Those games are one of the reasons I no longer attend baby or wedding showers. I send a gift so I don't have to endure the games.

Ditto!! I think the only time those games would be fun is after consuming copious amounts of alcohol;)

i disagree i've been doing partys for 6 months and tried all sorts of ways! i find that by doing just a couple of games to relax everyone people enjoy themselves and relax easier i do an pass the gift as part of my introduction which gives the guests a chance to win a free candle, play a giggly game which gets everyone talking then we pass around some scented candles which go down a treat and puts everyone in the frame of buying and trying. The best thing is to speak to your host/ess afterwards for her feed back or why not do a draw if the guests fill in a SHORT question-naire giving them a free small candle as a thankyou for helping you that way you hear it straight from the customers mouth by doing this you can also get a larger mailing list and e-mail addresses . What works for one party planner might not work for all!!!!!!!! Keep an open mind and you'll find what your market wants!;)

If Anyone Is Interested I Have Came Across A Game That I Think Will Be Really Fun. Since I Live In Loiusianna Marti Gras Is Big Here. I Am Going To Hand Out Beads To All At The Party. Then I Am Going To Explain That The One With The Most Bead At The End Of The Night Will Get A Gift Basket. There Is Only One Thing That They Have To Do . Catch Someone Using The Word Candle Everytime Someones Gets Caught They Have To Give Up Their Bead. They Can Say Things Like The 8oz Size Or Tarts, Votives The Burning Thing Anything Except Canlde. We Did This At A Baby Shower An It Was So Funny.

If You Can Us This Great!!!!!!!!

Jamie

Hi, I'm Jamie too, but a different one here. I was asked to do a candle party and I/we have decided to just have a few snacks, and let the people walk around and sniff and see what they want.

Another girl asked me just last night about my candles and she said she was having another party, like Pampered Chef or something, and asked if I wanted to come set up a table on the side. I thought that was a neat idea. Since she was having a house full anyway. Maybe it won't be so boring.

And with another item being offered, if no one buys my candles, I won't feel so stupid.

But beside's games, which I hate too, maybe combine your party with another party....like make-up or tupperware.

Jamie