Pouring question

Happy New Year everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any neat tricks or tips for filling their container candles. I'm using metro jars. Sometimes I fill them too much and then the lid doesn't fit on it. Other times I don't fill them enough. I'm not selling yet but when I'm ready, I'd like to have all my candles filled evenly. Any help will be greatly appreciated:grin2:

I ran across the same problem when I first started pouring Metro jars... I've got the hang of it now, and know when to start letting up on the pour pot to get them even, and so that the lid will fit! It'll come with time.

To get myself to that point, however... a easy trick is to mark the side of the jar with a dry-erase marker where you should pour to. I found it easier to mark just UNDER where it should be, then pour so the line was covered. Came out great doing it that way.

HTH! ;)

I have a set of mini-ladles that hold 1, 2 and 4 ounces. Although it's a little tricky getting used to pouring from a ladle, it works well for small amounts of wax.

We also pour from clean, recycled food cans. We mash the rim slightly to form a pouring point. There's a can for any size we need and a continuous supply of them.

I find it easier to mispour (too much or too little) when I am pouring quickly... When I slow down a trifle and actually pay attention to pouring each candle, I find my control improves. :grin2:

I have 16 oz keepaske jars with closed fitment that will hold 16 oz if you fill them all the way up, then there is no room for the lid. I only fill mine to 12 oz by weight, then ther is enough room for the lid and wicks.

What I do is mix up enough wax/FO in a 4 lb pour pot to pour five jars. Then I set my two lb pour pot on my scales, tare it out, then pour the exact amount of scented wax I need for one candle (12 oz = 340 g), then pour into the jar. I repeat for each one till I have only one jar left, then I pour the last jar from the big pour pot. Voila! As close to exact as I can get.

geek