Anybody else from Oregon????

Is there anybody else here from Oregon??

If so where do you get your candle and B&B supplies? I have looked on the by state link and there really isn't anything close to me in Oregon/Washington. There are a few but they don't offer much, especially in the way of waxes. Most of them only offer bees wax.:undecided All the good suppliers seem to be on the east coast.:cry2: The shipping is killing me, especially on the wax..

If your from my neck of the woods, please share with me where you get your supplies...

Thanks!!

Sharon

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses..:D

Firegirl- I did order some wax from Let It Shine and some FO's. I didn't care much for the oils, or maybe it was just the ones I purchased.. Do you order oils from them? They are very fast with shipping though..

Sudsnwicks- Have you ordered from Glory Bee before?.. I was looking at their web site last night and saw that they carried some wax, it didn't say much about the wax, so I wasn't sure if it was any good. Have you tired it? Also, I could be wrong, but I thought there was a min order of $200.:undecided

Melissa- We are alomost neighbors!! Your about a little over an hour from me..;) $15 is not bad for shipping for wax..Are you happy with the wax from them? I am still very new so I am not sure what's good and what isn't..I appreciate the help!

Thank you all you Oregonians for responding, I don't feel so alone now...lol :yay:

Sharon

Hey there! I am in Eugene. I buy my wax from Glory Bee. They have a $200 min. on your first wholesale purchase. You don't have to spend that much just to order. Honestly, there isn't much price difference. I buy there so I don't have to pay for shipping. I don't buy any other items there unless I happen to be out of something. You can call and have them send you their catalog.

Hi Tychels. I am also in Eugene (Cottage Grove actually).

Just a few days ago I bought a ten lb slab of One Pour wax from Glory Bee. I went in and purchased it for 10.95 if I remember right. No minimum just to do that. It is so much cheaper than paying shipping (and paying Michaels or Joanns!!!!) I have not broken into it yet though- mainly because I don't yet own a scale and just haven't figured out the logistics of figuring out how much is 1lb, lol. It says it has a high fragrance load, but doesn't give a # style like what most Chandlers on here talk about- so it's hard to research. When I use it, I will let you know. But I only make melties/tarts. I would suggest to get a cataloge from GloryBee. I found it much easier and informative than the online cataloge. I think there were even things in the actual cataloge that on line didn't have. Granted- they really don't have a lot and no where near 'everything' I need- but it's all those heavy oils and all that heavy wax and M&P soap which I can just pick up, that makes it all worth it!

Good luck and if you happen upon some other gold mine of supplies- could you please share the wealth??? :D One would think that it would be easy to find a FEW places in Portland- but noooooo. Weird.

Wicked1- Thanks for the info! I think I will call and get a catalog. Have you used the wax before, if so do you like it ok, also have you tried their FO's? Or did they have any, I don't recall..I guess I better get myself a catalog..lol It would be so nice to have a supplier fairly close with good wax anf FO's..:grin2:

Candle Man- Thank you, I will check them out..Washington's not to far either. Much better on shipping then from the east coast..:)

blazerina- Thanks for the info.. You will have to let me know what you think of the wax..Sooo, get busy would ya....lol jk..:wink2: My husband travels a lot for business, maybe I could get him to pick me up some wax next time he's out that way.. I know, when I first starting looking for suppliers, I thought for sure there would be a bunch in Portland. It's a pretty big city, but nooooo nada, none!! I couldn't believe it..What the?? Doesn't anybody make candles in Portland? Very strange! :o I will definetily let you know if I find any, but it's not lookin good...lol

Sharon

Hi again. I don't personally care for their FO's. Which wax are you looking at? I know a couple specifics if you tell me which one you're interested in. It wasn't until I started buying by the cases, that I actually knew what brand of wax I was using. The IGI info was on the side of the case. Otherwise, they just repackage the slabs and flakes with their info. I'm not sure how much help I can be, but PM with the one you're looking at.

Hi,

Sudsnwicks- Have you ordered from Glory Bee before?.. I was looking at their web site last night and saw that they carried some wax, it didn't say much about the wax, so I wasn't sure if it was any good. Have you tired it? Also, I could be wrong, but I thought there was a min order of $200.:undecided

Tychels, I order from them all the time.

These are their waxes:

139 degrees = IGI 1343

130 degrees = IGI 1325

145 degrees = IGI 1313

One Pour Container = IGI 6006

They don't use the standard names so I had to write and ask for the translations a while back.

I don't actually use their wax, and these are not the blends I use, but I buy a lot of other things from them, including herbs and spices for cooking and occasionally I get their candy as well.

The $200 min order is for wholesale, for which you need to apply for a wholesale account and give them your biz license #. I have their wholesale catalog, the savings isn't all that much, I'd say about 15%, sometimes even less. If you just order as a retail customer through their website, the order min is only $30. If you can't get $30, you could always order some food ingredients.

Hi Sharon! I'm down south outside of Medford :)

Suds got you the basic info on GloryBee - and I believe that's the same as Pourette as well - I get my 1343 from Pourette cuz it was a bit cheaper than GloryBee I think.

I've also ordered CalWax from Swans. I've also heard that ordering wax from Peaks in Denver comes out pretty close on $, even with shipping.

I *think* I posted a post a couple years ago about NW suppliers - it might be on the old board. If I get a chance I'll go look for it.

I am from the Sandy area and have ordered from Glory Bee. I thought they were pretty quick about processing and shipping my order. I purchased CBA and FO from them. I didn't care much for the FO. It's been a while since I ordered from the website but it didn't have much info on the wax so I called them. They were helpful and did answer my questions. I think the catalog has a little more info but not a whole lot.

Good luck!

wicked1-So, these are all IGI waxes, well why don't they just say so..lol Thanks for the translation! Where's the pm feature, is it right in front of me? I thought I had seen it before..:grin2:

Hi Robin!!:D That would be great to have a list of suppliers in the NW.. I could probably look too, if you tell me how to do it..:grin2: Is 1343 the wax that you like to use? I have never heard of that one. Is it a container or votive wax?

Suds- Thanks for the translating. All these numbers, I'm so confused..lol I'm so new, that I don't know what would be good ones to choose. I have never heard of these before. Which ones do you like to use? I have a couple small slabs of IGI 4627,6006,4633(J223) and 4694 votive wax.. I have only tried the 4627 and 6006 so far.

tlc-We really are neighbors! You are only about 10-15 min from me, depending how far out you are..;) I don't think I will try their FO's Doesn't sound like they are very popular..Where do you like to get your Fo's from?

Your so funny..."Is it raining yet?" You certainly live in the right place for rain..lol

Thanks!!!:D

Sharon

Yeah, "why don't they just say so" is right and my feelings exactly. I think it was RobinInOR who brought the brand to my attention when I PM-ed her about suppliers a while back. After I realized what brand they were, I emailed these companies to ask for their translations and got the answers right away. If they had just said so on their website, they could have saved themselves a lot of time answering emails from people like us!

Tychels, to answer your question on which waxes I like to use, I use the 4*** series. Not necessarily due to their being any better, but because they are what I started out with, and I don't want to have to start all over again, going through all the testing from square one. If you are new, may I recommend getting a starter kit from www.peakcandle.com. Their FOs are top notch and when you buy 5 there is a 10% discount, which goes up to 15% if you buy 10. With this discount, it offsets the high shipping on the waxes and I like them because they are a one stop shop for all my candle supplies.

tlc-We really are neighbors! You are only about 10-15 min from me, depending how far out you are..;) I don't think I will try their FO's Doesn't sound like they are very popular..Where do you like to get your Fo's from?

Your so funny..."Is it raining yet?" You certainly live in the right place for rain..lol

Thanks!!!:D

Sharon

I buy from Millcreek and Peaks. I have tried a few other vendors but found that I like these the best.

Yep we do live in rain country don't we? ;)

I'd also like to say thanks for the # translations. Now I know my One Pour from Glory Bee is IGI 6006-- whatever that means, lol... still newbie here too! At least it will help bring it to my attention when I see reviews about it.

They do not have very creative FO's for sure. Real basic. I think the most interesting were Sandlewood Vanilla and Rain. But since they were so plain jane I didn't even bother to sniff but im thinking I should have since I was there. :rolleyes2 Everything else was a basic fruit or common scent. I will say though, that if you end up getting into B&B you will find that they are not a bad source for that. They seem to lean towards this category. They carry lots of EO's, dry herbal additives, cosmetic ingredients (like collagen and CQ10,etc) and soap molds. As someone mentioned they have a lot of food ingredients and most of this stuff carries over to B&B. They are very helpful.... they didn't know the answer to a few of my questions so they got online right then and there and looked it up for me!!

I'm so glad im not alone in not finding a Portland area supplier. My husband just thinks I don't know how to surf the net for info on them, lol. But I scoured I tell ya! It's nuts. Sheesh, all you candle makers should travel to Portland shows... would probably be a boon for you!:grin2:

Suds- No kidding, that's weird why they don't just say what product it is. It would definitely save them a lot of e-mails and phone calls..

I am very new to candle making, but I don't really need a starter kit. I bought all my supplies seperately.(I should have bought a kit to start with, but I am not that smart to think of that..lol) I have my modified presto pot, scale, pouring pitcher, dyes,wicks etc.. I was just wanting to find a close supplier..Mainly for wax and FO's oh, and containers would be nice. :wink2: I haven't found which wax I like yet..But thanks for suggesting it!

Carol K- I did check out Brambleberry. I am very interested in trying some B&B stuff as well, so it's nice to know they are close.. Thanks!:D

tlc- Thanks, I think I might try some FO's from Peaks, they sound great!

I think you brought the rain back..Can ya keep it out in Sandy please..lol ;)

blazerina- That's too funny! I thouht maybe for a second that I didn't know how to surf the net..lol I will have to go check out what they have for B&B stuff.. I haven't actually made any B&B stuff but am dying to try some..

I don't know if any of you do B&B stuff and if you do, you probably already know about them. I just came across their site and since they are in Clackamas OR..I thought I would share anyway.. They have a lot of oils, butters, lye, among other things. Just no candle stuff..:cry2:

Sharon

Suds- No kidding, that's weird why they don't just say what product it is. It would definitely save them a lot of e-mails and phone calls..
Maybe it's because they do it for the same reason some of us rename our fragrances instead of just copying the name given by the supplier? Just guessing here...

I don't know if any of you do B&B stuff and if you do, you probably already know about them. I just came across their site and since they are in Clackamas OR..I thought I would share anyway.. They have a lot of oils, butters, lye, among other things. Just no candle stuff..:cry2:

Which place is this? I wasn't aware of a supplier in Clackamas. For B&B stuff there is also libertynatural.com. They are on Stark Street in Portland.

Ya,I just came across it. I have't ordered anything from them yet.. Atleast there is something close to me..lol About 20 min away.. It's essentialwholesale.com they are at 8850 SE Herbert ct. Clackamas,OR 503-722-7557..;)

Robin-Have you ordered from them before?

Sharon..