Has it finally come down to this?

sockmonkey

I noticed on a supplier website that they are now selling insurance (for an additional fee tacked on to your order) to guarantee you will get what you ordered! This is coming from a supplier that already has outrageous shipping charges.

As far as I know, this supplier is not one with a bad reputation for ripping people off, such as taking payments for orders and never delivering the goods. Some suppliers (and I think we all know of some) should be FORCED do offer this, but for the rest I cannot believe they would even indulge the thought of charging extra for doing what they are in the business of doing--packing and shipping orders.

It seems like a mob shake down!

Here is what your insurance will get you:

+ your item will be packaged and shipped via the promised shipping method

+ your item will ship in the timeframe promised

+ you will receive what you ordered as described online

+ all return and refund policies will be honored

+ all payment methods will be honored and there will be no hidden costs

Here's a link to the full text version: http://www.buysafe.com/Web/Seal/LearnMore.aspx?CartBondingMode=1&CartComposition=1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmm...maybe I should have ridden the short yellow bus to school, but aren't those points something that you just...well... expect!?

I'm actually slightly embarrassed...I worked for the company that supplies the "surety bond"...total crap IMO

Why would one need to pay for something that is promised. Companies have policies for a reason, it's the way they do business.

I noticed on a supplier website that they are now selling insurance (for an additional fee tacked on to your order) to guarantee you will get what you ordered! This is coming from a supplier that already has outrageous shipping charges.

As far as I know, this supplier is not one with a bad reputation for ripping people off, such as taking payments for orders and never delivering the goods. Some suppliers (and I think we all know of some) should be FORCED do offer this, but for the rest I cannot believe they would even indulge the thought of charging extra for doing what they are in the business of doing--packing and shipping orders.

It seems like a mob shake down!

Here's a link to the full text version: http://www.buysafe.com/Web/Seal/LearnMore.aspx?CartBondingMode=1&CartComposition=1

I was all ready to put in an order with this company last week and got to that part on the checkout and actually was so taken back with this new ploy for an additional 35cents of my money I decided I didn't need my order after all. So does that mean that in the future if you don't get the additional insurance and your order is wrong or damaged you are SOL ???

Oh MY!!!!! I was afraid it was you-know-who!!!!! Just checked her website and it was not!!!:yay: :yay:

Speaking of outrageous shipping (and everything tacked on), if anyone gets Debbie's (WSP) Survey, please answer and let's try to get her to be more reasonable on her shipping. I love her products but can't afford them. Thks, Carole

"If your item is bonded, and the terms of sale are not met, buySAFE offers third-party mediation services to ensure you receive a rapid response to your problem or you will receive a refund of the sale price, up to $25,000 per item."

Yeah, and the mediation service costs $10 per dispute last time I checked.

I was looking to check out some new containers and I was pricing them against another supplier. So when I added the shipping to both suppliers totals and I saw that whole bit about adding insurance to fix any errors or problems that might arise from the order and shipment I quickly decided to go with the other supplier.