? aabout injected bears

So why can't you package the bear separate from the candy? I missed this one. Like bag the bear, bag the candy then bag the basket?

This is exactly what I do. I bag the bear as I would any of the bears I either dipped or injected then put the bagged bear in the basket and surround it with whatever else I am putting in the basket.

What exactly is an injected bear and how do you do it?

An injected bear is a bear that has been injected with oil instead of dipped in wax and oil mixture. I went to a farming type store and got the needles used to give meds to farm animals to use for injecting. When I inject however, I dont use near as much of the oil and will make a spray and include a spray bottle of whatever oil I used in the bear. That way they can refreshen when they need to.

Same questions as amachs03 for me. I was looking at those eplush items but after reading the instructions, etc, I just don't think I have the desire or room for any more mess here. Would injecting be appropriate for some of those items?

Search the old board. I believe it was RobininOr that posted about these. Basically just shoot the bear up with FO. Depending on how much you use will determine its strength and usually the longetivity. Have had some still throw stink after a year, but my average is lower than that. Try it out. Test it. You put in about 1-2 oz of FO throughout the bear.

Same questions as amachs03 for me. I was looking at those eplush items but after reading the instructions, etc, I just don't think I have the desire or room for any more mess here. Would injecting be appropriate for some of those items?

Where I do the injecting is in the mid section of stuffing, as well as the most full part of their arms, legs and their noses,snout area. You are basically just trying to get the oil to absorb into stuffing, and sometimes it really depends on the critter itself as to where it's done. I know I'm probably not explaining it right, if I were in person with you I could show you, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked on a couple of websites for syringes to give this a try. Problem is, they all offer several different ones, and I don't know which syringe to get. They also come in packs of 100 mostly. Which syringe size do you use, and does anyone have a source where I could get just a couple to try?

I have looked on a couple of websites for syringes to give this a try. Problem is, they all offer several different ones, and I don't know which syringe to get. They also come in packs of 100 mostly. Which syringe size do you use, and does anyone have a source where I could get just a couple to try?

I believe it was Robin who helped me on this one, but she told me to check local feed stores and I ended up finding them at a store (can't remember the name sorry) that sells all kinds of farm type stuff. They were in a section that many different sized syringes for giving farm animals shots, mine came I think 10 to a pack, and were really inexpensive. I found one that was pretty close to what a human would use since I didnt want to make a huge hole with the needle into the critter. You may even be able to find them at pet stores, but can't be sure on that one.

This is a really small town with no pet supply stores. There is a feed store, so I'll check there when they reopen. I more than likely will have to order online, though.

Has anyone tried using a human syringe? Got tons of those for insulin use.

This is a really small town with no pet supply stores. There is a feed store, so I'll check there when they reopen. I more than likely will have to order online, though.

Has anyone tried using a human syringe? Got tons of those for insulin use.

The look identical to me, the size I got anyway, as those used for insulin. If you can get your hands on a dollar tree critter or one about to go to teddy bear heaven, you can practice on that one, that's what I did.

Believe it or not I found them at Wally World in the kitchen gadgets. U have to look hard or u may miss them. They are actually for injecting meat but the do work in injecting the bears too.

HTH,

Chauna

I have one of those, but didnt use it because of the size of the needle. I'm sure they would work for a lot of the animals, but I have a few that I thought would leave a hole if I used the meat one, that's why I went for the ones at the feed store.

I've got a meat syringe, but I don't think that I would want to use it because of the size. I have access to the syringes to inject insulin, but the needle is really, really small and only about an inch. I think I'll give it a try on a small stuffed critter as soon as I go to my sister's to get one. If it doesn't work, I'll check the feed store here. If they don't have one, I'm sure they'll order one for me.

Thanks for the replies and advice.