? about balloon candles

I have been reading posts and learning how to make the ballloon candles. My question is what type of the wax to use? I noticed some used beeswax and a high melt wax. If beeswax is used is it just straight beeswax or what? I am going to practice making these this weekend so any help would be very much appreciated. These seem like a good idea for Valentine's Day. Thanks

I just made some beeswax orbs yesterday. I use straight beeswax.....no additives and heat my wax to 160. They are perfect. I overdip the flowers at 190 however. As far as hurricane wax I have always used 5055 from Candlewic but am experimenting with some new cane waxes. 5055 is a great wax with 1/2 oz micro 180 per pound added. That keeps the canes from cracking. Stearic doesn't do the same thing. We have gone round and round with this and I think that many of us finally found that the micro really helps. I have actually dropped some orbs and they bounced.....I put my candles through so much torture with heat guns, cold water, ice cubes, then heat again....that I have be treat my wax with love and add the correct additives or my candles will crack and fall apart (smile).......Donita