electric warmer

Hey guys,

I just got an electric tart warmer from candles and supplies. I've only used ones with tealights so I have to ask. I'm noticing some light steam coming off the wax while its on the warmer. Is it suppose to be this way? (The throw is so much better than my tealight warmer!)

It's steaming because it burns hotter.

It will give off a great throw initially. My only hesitation with them is that the temp will cause the FO to burn off more rapidly. Great throw, but may not last as long as with a tea. It's the same as if you use a tea with a larger wick, more heat, quicker burn, faster loss of FO.

I use soy and cannot use the electric tart warmers for that reason. I wish they made them with a high/low temp control.

There's just no winning is there! :angry2: Here I was all excited that my melts are finally throwing around the house. On top of it all I can't freakin get the wick right on these stupid tealights :angry2: Oh well, I'll have to do a comparison test. Hopefully the electric warmer will be worth it. And I'm still very :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

There's just no winning is there! :angry2: Here I was all excited that my melts are finally throwing around the house. On top of it all I can't freakin get the wick right on these stupid tealights :angry2: Oh well, I'll have to do a comparison test. Hopefully the electric warmer will be worth it. And I'm still very :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I've made thousands of tarts and teas. The best advice that I can give you is to use a good and accurate thermometer. When the tart is fully melted and warmed for awhile, take it's temp. If you are not getting a good throw and you are using proper amounts of FO, then I'd wager that the tea light is not heating the tart well enough to give a good throw. Try upping the wick on the tea and take the temp again. See which wick is giving a better throw. You can achieve a good throw with a tart, I guarantee it. But you must find the right temp.

On the other hand as stated before, if it is burning too hot then you must, of course, wick down. Take it's temp.

Best of luck to you.