soap

mountainviewcandles

Home made logs and slabs. milkyway and today I finally bought the mailing tubes to try them for round soap. I got two free samples of plastic mailing tubes as well and I haven't had time to try them yet but this holiday stuff will be winding down and I will be trying them out and be sure and post my experiments:D

So far I have used milk cartons, pringle cans, a 4# Mr Do Right mold I bought on ebay, and a variety of decorative molds. I am lousy at cutting soap but since I only make soap for me and my family I don't need a big mold so I will probably stick with the decorative mold for now.

Jo Ann Nourse

I have tupperware. Some look like log molds. silicone rose shape, At second hand store i found a old plastic velveeta container that is perfect for 1# pringles and anythiing i think will work for what i want. One of these days i will graduate to nicer molds.

Lots of homemade wooden log molds of all sizes, a few homemade slab molds, Misty Creek, a few Milky Way but I use these for my deodorant bars. I also have one of these from Shape Master, makes 25 bars of soap 8 oz each. I use it for my stubborn FOs for Hot Process, but it is super sturdy and works for cold process too, cost is $19, and I cut the soaps in half and sell as 2 bar sets http://www.shape-master.com/cavity-trays.html:

25traysblkLG.jpg

Kudos to the owner of zen soaps for giving me this idea in her hot process tutorial:)