everlasting candles

I don't know how to make an everlasting candle, but am also interested in learning this technique. I hope somebody answers your post. The only thing I have been able to figure out so far is that a plug is inserted when pouring your candle so that a tealight will fit into it. I searched Peak's site for a tealight plug but could not find one. Maybe the plug is just the tealight holder itself. If so when would you insert it so that it did not sink; or maybe you could just drill a hole after the candle has cooled. Lets hope an everlasting guru is out there with the answer.

I don't use any of the plugs because all the candles I put in my everlasting are bigger than a tealight or 2oz votive.

I use a forstner drill bit, after the candle is made, to drill out the hole in the top of the pillar. It looks like the pic below and can be quite pricey, but it should last a lifetime since you are only drilling wax.

post-219-139458415689_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Jenn,

I can answer this 1.:D

Yes you can.

I just did 4 of them that way this weekend.

I just put the glass in, poured just enough wax in to get it started. and once that was set, I poured the rest.

Just use something heavy to hold your glass down in wax so it doesn't move on you. HTH

Could you not just put the tealight holder/votive holder in your mold and pour the wax??? Then the candle will harden with the holder inside (if you were wanting it to be stuck there, which I would)....

Yes you can but it is very hard to keep the holder centered and from floating up when you pour the wax in.

Yes you can but it is very hard to keep the holder centered and from floating up when you pour the wax in.

Could you use a chilled metal holder? That way it would harden the wax around it quickly and being metal, might stay put? Maybe put a amall layer first and then fill it up after it sets a bit?

Oh wait. Nevermind. I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P Just a newbie thought.

I'm trying to get my head round this cos I'd love to have a go.

Right you have your main mould and a little votive mould to go inside the candle. So...... why not wick the votive mould with glue, so it stays, thread the wick thru a mould (the ones with holes already in), stick with mould seal and turn upside down?

Have I got that all bum about face?

Right you have your main mould and a little votive mould to go inside the candle. So...... why not wick the votive mould with glue' date=' so it stays, thread the wick thru a mould (the ones with holes already in), stick with mould seal and turn upside down?

Have I got that all bum about face?[/quote']You may just have a brilliant idea here! I'm going to give this idea a go tonight using tea light holders. Anyone know of a glue that will withstand 200 degrees but could still be removed?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this does not work! I've poured several times, and even used mold release, and can't get the candle out of the mold! I've got that votive holder glued down with pure silicone, which holds beautifully, but can't get the wax out!!! I'm going to die figuring this out!

Right you have your main mould and a little votive mould to go inside the candle. So...... why not wick the votive mould with glue' date=' so it stays, thread the wick thru a mould (the ones with holes already in), stick with mould seal and turn upside down?

Have I got that all bum about face?[/quote']

Tried that, the wick just ended up unsticking or the tealight holder would slide around and be uneven anyway. The only way I was successful was by doing what Moonrose said, but with palm I wasn't getting the full pattern. I haven't tried again in awhile, will have to play again soon.

Mexitan are you using palm wax? If you are, you probably didn't add any stearic.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this does not work! I've poured several times, and even used mold release, and can't get the candle out of the mold! I've got that votive holder glued down with pure silicone, which holds beautifully, but can't get the wax out!!! I'm going to die figuring this out!
ROFL, I guess I'll stick to my own method then.

I was playing with my wax last weekend, and tried a everlasting. The method that I use was.

1. To take a wad of plumbers putty and place in in the middle of the tealight holder.

2. Then positioned the holder in the middle of my mold, then pressed on it to securely attach it to my mold, making sure that no excess putty was outside of the holder so it didn't end up in my wax.

3. Sealed the hole of my mold with metal tape, to prevent leakage.

4. Poured my wax

5. After my candle was finished, removed metal tape and used one of my wick pins to separate the plumbers putty from the inside of the mold, by sticking the pin through the bottom of my mold. My candle the slid right out, and the holder centered and embeded nicely in my wax.

I was using a parrafin wax to do this. The most difficult part was insuring the holder was position in the center of the mold. I had already ordered a tealight plug adapter, but was being impatient waiting for it to arrive, that I came up with the adaptation. Now wish that I hadn't wasted my money on the adapter because I found this work well. Maybe I will think differently when I actually use the adapter.

Pam F

Hope my information makes some sense to everybody.