Question regarding soy whip

StephD

I ordered some soy whip from KY to make for gifts for Christmas just for family. Anyway, in searching on here I found that some people have problems with mold. I didn't know if this was with recent batches of the soy whip or if it was an older problem. Also, is it with certain FOs?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Good! I didn't find very many posts that were related to problems with it. I've been wanting to try it for the last couple of months and finally ordered some yesterday! I'm gonna scent it with Cool Water type, Warm Vanilla Sugar type, and whatever else I got that's skin safe! lol

Stephanie

I sure will. I plan on making some up as soon as I get it. Of course, it'll be Wed/Thurs when I get it. I'm not sure. I may make my dad some without FO and see if it works for him. He's got sensitive and dry skin. Usually he swipes my Oil of Olay when he comes down to visit! lol But, as soon as I get some made, I'll post how it went.

Stephanie

I had the problem with mold and I know some others did too but it was a long time ago and I think the problem was fixed. The whips texture has changed with the new batches and I liked the old whip better. I also had trouble with the whip getting liquidy sometimes with the use of different fragrance oils. It just goes to show you the quality of some oils.

I've only been using it a few months, and although I hate the work it takes to get it all mixed and incorporated with the FO, I do love the cream itself. This was my first season selling it and at my home parties and shows it went over very well. Texture is like spongy, but it's not a big deal. It glides on nice and feels wonderful. I do wish they would use ice cream pails instead of the wide mouth gallon jug, it would be so much easier getting it out of the pails..........it's very thick. I think you'll be pleased with it.

I've used the whip for a couple of years and I've never had a problem with mold. In fact, I've never read any problems with mold.

This stuff is da bomb! Yes, it is a PITA to make, but it's so worth it.

I've sold a ton of it, Lovespell leading the pack. I sell mine for $10/4oz cute jars from NG.

I agree on the packaging. Ice cream pails would definitely be easier.

I'm up to my elbows in whip by the time I get 1/2 through the container!

Thanks so much to all! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a recent mold issue! lol I'm looking forward to it as it's going to be mostly for gifts, but I want some for myself! lol I have lotion here but it is really greasy and my skin just feels yucky from it! Anyway, I will post how it goes!

Stephanie

I've used the whip for a couple of years and I've never had a problem with mold. In fact, I've never read any problems with mold.

That is because Vickey deleted any negative remarks made about the whip, if you want pictures I'll give you pictures of it, I still have the bottles and she replaced all 3 of them that went moldy.

I used my mixer and beat the whip for a couple minutes before adding my fo and then kept whipping it up and I noticed that some oils took a few hours before it took to the whip. I made one batch of vanilla and it didn't smell after I added the fo and I let it sit for awhile in the covered bowl and when I came back it was super strong. I thought that was weird. The whip was a big hit with my friends and family and it is great stuff, I know you will do well selling it.

TexasBrat - It took hours for some FO to whip in? OMG lol I guess I'm gonna have to get a stand alone mixer and let it go! lol I had one but my bowl broke. Oh well, I gotta go get another kitchen kettle anyway. Thanks for the help all. Hopefully I won't have a mold issue. I wonder what would be the cause of it anyway?

Stephanie

Why is it that WE are the ones who are always blamed for everything that goes wrong. Can't these suppliers admit that there can be mistakes on thier end too, or from thier manufacturer, grrrrr.

Well this was the response I got when asked if they ever thought about using ice cream pails to put the soy whip in so it would be easier and more sanitizing for us to get it out:

Sorry, that is the package that the manufacturer chooses to package it in, so we are not complaining to them,..we are just lucky to be able to get the product. :-)

Have a good day

Vickey

Heck, I never thought it would hurt to just make a dang suggestion, but I guess that won't happen with this, LMAO.

That is because Vickey deleted any negative remarks made about the whip, if you want pictures I'll give you pictures of it, I still have the bottles and she replaced all 3 of them that went moldy.

I used my mixer and beat the whip for a couple minutes before adding my fo and then kept whipping it up and I noticed that some oils took a few hours before it took to the whip. I made one batch of vanilla and it didn't smell after I added the fo and I let it sit for awhile in the covered bowl and when I came back it was super strong. I thought that was weird. The whip was a big hit with my friends and family and it is great stuff, I know you will do well selling it.

I never said I doubted you had mold. I only stated I've used the product for a few years and have never ever had a problem with it. In fact, I have 2 gallons here dated 2005 and they are fine.

That is odd for an FO to take a few hours to incorporate.

I love VBN in the whip, but it does turn greyish-brownish.

I had bought 2 jugs of it. I too got mold in one jug. It was a new jar, and I had never even opened it, it still had the black tape that was used to seal it. I also had problems with it liquifying after being made a while. I gave up and throwed the molded jug away, and won't try it again, it was a waste of money to me.