Paypal Shipping is PITA !!!!

Sherie

I am sooooo pissed off right now. I just tried to generate 3 shipping labels and got redirected saying "paypal was unable to connect to the USPS shipping center" or whatever the hell it says and that my account would be credited within 5 minutes. Well, it's been over 5 minutes, more like 30 minutes. So, I called paypal. I was told that I will be credited in up to 21 days because the post office has to verify the labels weren't used. The main problem with this is....I never got to the page that has the "Pay and Continue" button so how the f**k did I pay USPS for the label? All the idiot could say to me was "I do apologize for your inconvenience and Paypal is aware of this issue that's why you got the "unable to connect to USPS" message. Hello, McFly.....if I was never able to connect please tell me how the f**k it was able to charge for a label? LMFAO, that left her speechless for almost 30 seconds and then it was "I do apologize..." At that point, I cut her off and told her if Paypal knows there is a problem with the link to USPS then they should disable the feature so people aren't charged. LMAO, that left her speechless again. I hope my entire conversation was taped for "quality control purposes!!!!" I just demonstrated the only requirement for customer service at Paypal is a freakin brainstem (and not much of that)!!!!!

Relax. Take a deep breath. Count to 10... you know, all those things. Little things like this are never worth getting yourself worked up over - bad for your health.

Now, for the good news - the USPS refunds have always come back to me within a day or two, sometimes much faster. I've had a few bounce like that in the 3 years that I've been shipping through paypal. It always comes back, so don't worry. Relax and don't worry about little things like that. I've found that the "mis-communication" between the paypal and USPS servers is quite uncommon - happens to me a few times a year.

For the people that are having issues with the window never appearing - if you have a popup blocker, it will stop these windows. Try either disabling the blocker (if you know how), allowing the site, or holding down the CTRL key when you hit the button that would make the popup window appear. Usually, holding the CTRL key tells your popup blocker that you want this window to appear. I've shipped (and gotten refunds) from both paypal and Click-n-Ship for years - all systems have a few bugs, and the internet itself doesn't help, but it usually works out just fine. This time of year, the USPS servers are going to be pretty busy, so a little more patience may be called for.

HTH

Awww, Brian, you are so sweet!!!! I'm sure you could tell that I was having a a$$-kicking, wax lobbing, soap slinging, wall-eyed fit. Just the thought of it taking 2 seconds to take my money and 21 days to refund it just did me in. The funny thing about this...I had just printed 3 labels (prior) without any problems. I went to do number 4 and viola, the window didn't pop up asking me to "pay and continue" to print the "sample label" or regular label. I talked to Leslie right after it happened, drank 2 TALL coffees and walked around outside to "chill out"! I just got back from standing in that crazy, long line at the PO. That kinda rubbed me raw, again. But, it's done, shit happens and now I just need to "put on my big girl draws and get over it" LOL! :D

P.S. Leslie, the bong worked wonderfully, thanks!!!!! :highfive:

I guess one of those boxes was mine (yea! more candle molds!). I hope it was one of the first easy ones.:wink2: I didn't even think about the Christmas rush shipping at this time of year. Thanks for having the patience to wait in the long line. :highfive: I should have it tomorrow or Monday if it didn't come in today.

OK I'm saying it and running out of the country ... put on your flip flops and walk!! :D

Damn woman! I should so not laugh hysterically about this, but your description of wax lobbing etc. just sent me reeling with giggles. I know! It ain't funny. If you were taped, you ummm probably would be bleeped many times for quality control lol!

And don't go throwing your blood pressure out of whack over this! Don't need that affecting anything else!

I am sooooo pissed off right now. I just tried to generate 3 shipping labels and got redirected saying "paypal was unable to connect to the USPS shipping center" or whatever the hell it says and that my account would be credited within 5 minutes. Well, it's been over 5 minutes, more like 30 minutes. So, I called paypal. I was told that I will be credited in up to 21 days because the post office has to verify the labels weren't used. The main problem with this is....I never got to the page that has the "Pay and Continue" button so how the f**k did I pay USPS for the label? All the idiot could say to me was "I do apologize for your inconvenience and Paypal is aware of this issue that's why you got the "unable to connect to USPS" message. Hello, McFly.....if I was never able to connect please tell me how the f**k it was able to charge for a label? LMFAO, that left her speechless for almost 30 seconds and then it was "I do apologize..." At that point, I cut her off and told her if Paypal knows there is a problem with the link to USPS then they should disable the feature so people aren't charged. LMAO, that left her speechless again. I hope my entire conversation was taped for "quality control purposes!!!!" I just demonstrated the only requirement for customer service at Paypal is a freakin brainstem (and not much of that)!!!!!

I can empathize with you. Paypal is a PITA many many many times over and that's why we don't even deal with them anymore!---not for anything!