Hello again! I stayed up all night making these...

geekrunner

Those are so purty! What wax is that Geek? Which is your favorite wick setter in the picture? I am looking for a change in wick holders.

Sorry late to reply! I use a blend of 415 and 402 with 4% USA, and Pryme colors. I use the EZ Wick setter, I have both the single and multi setter, and have alot of the EZ Wick centering tools too. I double wick most of my keepsakes and single the jelly jars.

Merry Christmas! geek

Looks as good as I expected them to look!

WOW, 3 different "wick bars" !!

Geek...where did you get your heat gun? it looks like it has a smaller "tip" on the end where you could have more control over where the heat goes. The nozzle on my heat gun is too large...would love to find one with a smaller nozzle.

Sorry late to reply! Yes I have three different kinds, though I mostly use the EZ Wick centering tools. I ordered more from GL so I can pour 24 at a time. My heat gun I got from Lowe's and it is the two-speed model used to strip paint. It is probably not smaller than yours, I wish I could find a way to narrow it down without damaging the heating element. I suspect that having a narrower tip and not dialing down the fan speed would make it throw wax, since the "muzzle velocity" would be increased. I could probably only run it on low. At times I need more power!

geek

Great looking candles, it looks like you have a heater sitting on that table behind the candles, do you? If so...do you turn it on to help the candles cool slower? I'm having trouble with mine cooling to fast, my candle making den is a bit on the cool side.

Sorry late to reply! It doesn't work too well, it was a gift from my ex about 15 years ago. I actually have a kerosene heater now to warm up my candle area, it does a much better job. I'm thinking about hanging sheets of visqueen to make an enclosed area.

geek

ummm, the "heat gun" looks more like a black n decker cordless drill to me :D

LOL! I forgot about my B&D drill there! I used it last year when I was experimenting with "assembled" paraffin pillars. I used a hole saw drill attachment to drill out holes in discs of wax, then asembling them with wax glue to make pillars with different colors and layers without pouring layers. Ieven tried a checkerboard design. Maybe one day I will get back to it.

geek

They do look good.

I hope the customer knows not to burn them for a week or two so they can cure and become better with age, just like a fine wine.

Nice bunch of candles you have going there. Lots of work involved. I appreciate what you did. Merry Christmas.....Donita

......and PS....since I now live with a wine expert....I am finding out that aging some wines doesn't work......ick.....I have poured out several expensive bottles of "corked" wines.......like over $100 a bottle.......very sad.:cry2:

Nice bunch of candles you have going there. Lots of work involved. I appreciate what you did. Merry Christmas.....Donita

......and PS....since I now live with a wine expert....I am finding out that aging some wines doesn't work......ick.....I have poured out several expensive bottles of "corked" wines.......like over $100 a bottle.......very sad.:cry2:

Now that is sad.