Leaking Wax Again

Hello:

wax is leaking from mold, I use palm wax (feathery)and pour at 190......I use putty 2 kinds one on top of the other, plus large tape, but I still have leaking and I lose most of my wax..........Any other tips you can give me.......Pleeeease...............:undecided

how can yoy stick it at the bottom of the hole, what about the wick?? I put it outside of the mold, on top of the wick................:embarasse

she could be using a wick pin, instead of threading the mold with a wick, therefore she just needs to plug the hole up and insert her pin, then pour.

You may want to try the wick pins out if your not having any luck with wicking the mold during pouring.

Peaks has some for 3" diameter molds (various lengths), they are all the way at the bottom of the accessories page

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=ACC

When I am not using a wick pin then I wick the mold and take a hot glue gun and glue all around the hole and the wick. I have never had an issue with leaking wax this way and I've been doing it this way for 2 yrs. Once the candle is done I just simply peel the glue away from the mold and wick. HTH

When I am not using a wick pin then I wick the mold and take a hot glue gun and glue all around the hole and the wick. I have never had an issue with leaking wax this way and I've been doing it this way for 2 yrs. Once the candle is done I just simply peel the glue away from the mold and wick. HTH

Can you tell me what kind of hot glue you use (is there a specific type). Also where did you get the glue gun (Michael's?). This sounds like a great idea, thanks for your help.