Presto Pot melter

Just had a quick question for those of you who use presto pots as your wax melter. I went to Home Depot to buy the parts suggested on this site, but they do not have the 3/8" stuff. :cry2: So then I went to Ace Hardware and you can imagine, it was pretty expensive, but they had the right sizes. I was wondering if any of you use larger sizes than the 3/8" to make your spigot? IF so what size do you use?? Or should I just fork out the dough and get the 3/8"? Thanks for all the help!!! :)

I got my ball valve and other hardware from Lowe's, right off the top I don't recall how much they all cost. You could use a different size, preferably a little larger, but you will need to change the drill bit and tap size too. It may be easier and less money in the long run to just get the 3/8'' hardware, especially if you already have the drill bit and tap.

Woo hoo! This is my 1,000th post! Do I get a prize?

geek :grin2:

the drill bit and tap size aren't a problem, my husband works for a power tool company. :), but I just don't want the valves to be too big (is that possible?). . . thanks so much for your thoughts!! unfortunately we don't have a lowe's very close to us, so I would probably just spend just as much money in gas as I would if I bought the 3/8 from Ace. :undecided

you should get a prize LOL :D

She said that she used a 1/2 in tapping screw and a 1/4 x 1/2 inch nipple. 1/4 in FIP x 1/4 in FIP needle valve. Titanium plug tap 1/2 in and a titanium drill. She said you have to drill into the pot with a smaller drill bit than the 1/2 in like a 1/4 in drill bit.

She also said that you could call or email her and she can get you the stuff and mail it to you or she can just tell you what to get. Lowes has everything you will need, you just have to know what you are looking for.

PM me if you want her email address or phone number.