Shopping Cart Question

AngelaVA

I have almost finished my website, but now I need a shopping cart for it. I would like to use Paypal since their fees are relatively low and I won't be selling enormous amounts, but I don't want my customers taken to another site to pay - I think many of them will cancel the order instead. I read that some people use Zen Cart or Mals and I was wondering if either of those would allow me to go through Paypal for the transaction but keep my customers on my site while they are paying. I really appreciate the help! :)

Yes, you can use PayPal with Mal's. After the customer leaves your site it will go to PayPal's to complete the transaction.

So, after my customer leaves my site, Mals will go to Paypal? Is that correct? And then what? Do I get an e-mail or something? Does the customer get an invoice from both Mals and Paypal, or just one or neither? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is really new territory for me and I just want everything integrated into my site. My MIL is already chomping at the bit to tell people about my site, so I want it to work well. Thanks for the help.

Here is a demo to Mal's Demo store: http://www.mals-e.com/demo.php

It will give you a fake credit card number to use.

I believe it all depends on how you set your cart up. I bought from a supplier who uses Mal's and Paypal, and I went to paypal to use my PayPal balance (LOL obviously).

Mal's does tell you though to you check your PayPal acct for orders as well in the event that the cart does not report sales back to your account (when I say your account, I mean where you log into Mal's to change your configurations).

So, after my customer leaves my site, Mals will go to Paypal? Is that correct? And then what? Do I get an e-mail or something? Does the customer get an invoice from both Mals and Paypal, or just one or neither? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is really new territory for me and I just want everything integrated into my site. My MIL is already chomping at the bit to tell people about my site, so I want it to work well. Thanks for the help.

You will get an email from Mals with the order details. You will also get an email from Paypal to tell you there is money in your paypal account. The customer gets an email from Mal with an order summary/confirmation. It isn't an invoice because they should already have paid with their credit card during checkout. They don't need to have a Paypal account if you set it up as a business account.

There's another way to do it too. Sometimes orders can get lost like mentioned above - you don't get an email if someone doesn't quite complete the paypal part right.

You can set it up so you just collect the paypal address, then manually send them a "request for money". Once they get the request, they can log into their paypal account and pay it.

It also helps if you want to adjust shipping charges. That way you dont have to worry about the direct interface into paypal, though it's a bit more work for you.

Our shopping cart is a custom cart but the actual cart is all mantained on the website itself then if you choose paypal you will be taken there after we have verified all info. If you use the paypal cart it will either bring you to paypal after each item or a popup. We like our setup because it keeps you onsite and then brings ou back after paypal checkout.