Does anyone know about FO FLASHPOINT...

beau's mama

mailing restrictions? I know some ho's , even some lip flavors can't go by air but is that only when its undiltted & pure fo, or do the restrictions apply even when you have the fo mixed in a dry oil splray? I want to send my niece a few things & dry oil sprays made with fco, cclo, & fo.

I can't fly my fur baby b/c his eyeballs could pop out of the sockets b/c of the pressure (he's a Pug)...could the fo's blow up??

ok, i'm sleepy

thanks, sharon

mailing restrictions? I know some ho's ' date=' even some lip flavors can't go by air but is that only when its undiltted & pure fo, or do the restrictions apply even when you have the fo mixed in a dry oil splray? I want to send my niece a few things & dry oil sprays made with fco, cclo, & fo.

I can't fly my fur baby b/c his eyeballs could pop out of the sockets b/c of the pressure (he's a Pug)...could the fo's blow up??

ok, i'm sleepy

thanks, sharon[/quote']

You know some ho's??? ROFL Sorry couldn't resist!! :D

I can't remember all the ins and outs on this, but I do know that the USPS site has all the info on liquids and flashpoints etc.

OH MY GOODNESS!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I just re-read that pitiful posting...my Mother, a retired p/t English teacher would be APPALLED by the typo's! I was really sleepy...ok, that's not true...the truth is I was making a new "holiday" punch w/ lemon-lime soda, fruit punch juice, & gin & of course you have to taste it to get it just right. I guess I tasted TOOOOOOOO much. I woke up this morning wondering "why on Earth is pitcher was in the sink?! :confused:" Now I gotta make more!! Darnit!

I called my station manager today & was told that pure liquid substances with flashpoints under 150 (I think) can't be flown...something about air pressure. BUT, if the item is incorporated into something else it's not considered "pure" so it's fine to fly. Then she went on to tell me about writing on the box "liquid" & a bunch of other common sense mailing practices that anyone who mails frequently should know. BUT, don't take this as gospel, she is only the station manager. I plan to get in touch with the Postmaster General's office to be sure...will post whatever I find out

Thanks for the response Michi!

Sharon

p.s. I do actually know some "ho's" :laugh2:

Just a little FYI... plain cyclomethicone is prohibited from being shipped by air. Not sure about how the shipping rules change with the percentages or mixtures, etc. when mixed with FCO or other B&B products... but I know that plain cyclo has to go ground shipping.

HTH!!

Hugs!

Kerri

Hi Kerri

I knew about pure cyclo having to go ground...but strangely, Therapy Garden mailed me 2 bottles cyclo via priority. They have it listed & labeled as "cyclo", but could they possibly be deceiving me? Could it possibly be Cyclopentasiloxane like MMS sells? According to MMS, INCI labeling allows for the use of either name

I think I'll just try the one from MMS sells...it has a higher flashpoint AND it's less expensive.

Thanks

Sharon