Michael's M&P Soap Bases...

Kelly

When I first tried M&P soaping, I tried Michael's brand (can't remember the exact name of it). I got frustrated fast. The bars turned out ok, but they didn't lather well and were nothing special.

I'm considering trying M&P again, but using some more "professional" bases such as those at BCN. Would you recommened I try again or just stay away from it considering the first results using the Michael's stuff.

I'd love to hear some advice on this! I think I'm ready to give it another try... I think?!

TIA

Kelly

My first venture into it was also the Michael's stuff. I enjoyed shopping around and buying some really neat molds. The characteristics of the soap was disappointing as far as bathing, etc.

I have been very pleased with the Stephenson's brand that I get at the Chemistry Store. I also love the SFIC bases I was able to get through the recent co-op. The two bases are very similar.

The differences in these bases and the Michael's stuff is like night and day. I haven't looked to see what BCN carries, but if it's Stephenson's I'd say give it a try.