Help with name of business

macyboutique

Hello everyone, I am needing you all help. I want to change my business name from Macy's Boutique. I need you all to help me. I am thinking about using my real name which is Mary. Macy is a nickname my ex calls me and I do not want to use it anymore but if I can't think of something else then I might keep it:undecided . Some of the names I have in mine are: Mary's Bath & Body

Bath and Body by Mary, and Mary's Bath and Candle Shoppe. Do you think I should keep the Boutique in the name? Sorry so long and thanks for your help.

Mary

I like the Boutique I think that it leaves it open for different products..such as candles and B&B. I agree with the above about the other being overdone. Why cant you go with Mary's Boutique instead of Macy's that way your customers will also not notice alot of difference and will still recognize your products.

to give the other side of the coin, boutique is a bit vague for new customers. Boutique literally could be anything, such as clothing, make-up, jewelery, etc. If you add "Candle and Bath" to the Boutique, it's less vague. JMO.

Also, you could add a tag-line to your business name if you want "Mary" in it, such as

Chic Boutique

Candle and Bath products by Mary

Again, JMO

Just wanted to say that I agree with the *---- By ----* being totally overused. Sorta like the word "scentsations." I also associate boutique with old lady clothes and jewelry.

I know this probably isn't want you want to hear, but it's good to get outside observations, cause these are things we usually don't pick up on ourselves about our biz names! Good luck!

Mary Mary

Quite Extraordinary

Love this! How cute...

And, you could tack on (not necessarily as part of the NAME... but a tagline on a logo/webpage/etc...) "Scents & Suds" to give a bit more clue as to what you're offering.

I whipped this up in Paint Shop Pro in about 5 minutes, so.. it's not gorgeous (and definetley not my best PSP work)... but I think it'd be a totally cute concept!

marymaryoh3.jpg

Thanks to all of you all who gave me some great names. I like them all. I was thinking about Chic Boutique but someone just open a store with the Boutique on it so that one is out. I think I am going with Mary Mary (for a change I will not hear "quite contrary":grin2: You know nursery rhymes stick with you:D

Hello everyone, I am needing you all help. I want to change my business name from Macy's Boutique. I need you all to help me. I am thinking about using my real name which is Mary. Macy is a nickname my ex calls me and I do not want to use it anymore but if I can't think of something else then I might keep it:undecided . Some of the names I have in mine are: Mary's Bath & Body

Bath and Body by Mary, and Mary's Bath and Candle Shoppe. Do you think I should keep the Boutique in the name? Sorry so long and thanks for your help.

Mary

How about something like Mystical Scents...kinda crazy...lol

Love this! How cute...

And, you could tack on (not necessarily as part of the NAME... but a tagline on a logo/webpage/etc...) "Scents & Suds" to give a bit more clue as to what you're offering.

I whipped this up in Paint Shop Pro in about 5 minutes, so.. it's not gorgeous (and definetley not my best PSP work)... but I think it'd be a totally cute concept!

marymaryoh3.jpg

Awwww this is soooo cute!

Thanks to all of you all who gave me some great names. I like them all. I was thinking about Chic Boutique but someone just open a store with the Boutique on it so that one is out. I think I am going with Mary Mary (for a change I will not hear "quite contrary":grin2: You know nursery rhymes stick with you:D

I love it!! I am so glad that you found yourself a new name!~~:D