What kinda wax

fo and wax have to cure. neither of the waxes you have will make good tarts. you waited far too long if your show is in a matter of hours. they will barely be firm, much less ready to sell.

That's True too...i missed part where You have a show tomorrow.

plus I would hate for customers to buy them tomorrow and run home to use it and it's hasn't cured long enuf etc. so possibly they'd be dissappointed.

Dani

U can do that, if you make it tonite, and sell on Sunday that's good.

Tarts are what you put into warmers, such as tealight warmers or electric warmers.

U really need to know these products and what they're all about before marketing them....lol

it's just wax without wicks ....like melts, tarts, etc.

Dani

I figured that you needed a tart warmer. I saw a lady at the show when I went to set up today that sells warmers, maybe I will buy one tomm. I guess I will play with them and see what I can come up with. I would never sell something I have not tried and like myself so we will see......

I use a pillar / container mix. 9 oz of the higher melt point pillar and 6 oz of the container, 1 oz fo. I do not have that many tart molds so when I get a skin on the top they go in the freezer 20 min to set up. Longer than that and I get condensation in the packaging. I have never had a problem with scent throw the day after I make them. Have had to do emenrgency production the day before a show on these thing and I get calls after the shows telling me the scent can be smelled outside the house. I am not familier with the 2 waxes you are taking about. If you have not tested and worked out your propertions.. you don't want to sell to the public. Sure, it's not a candle and you could probably get away with a sub standard product.. but I beleive in only putting out your best. If they buy a tart and it's a dud.. they won't buy more. I'm getting more call these days from people that bought 1 or 2 to try... now getting orders for 40 at a time from these same people. I earned their business with a good product the first time.

Thanks, I have never done them b4 but I have a show on Sunday as well. Could I use them by then? I feel so dumb asking these questions since I have been making container candles for yrs! What exactly do you do with tarts?

You've been making container candles for years and don't know what to do with a tart? Something is missing here, and I am thinking it's some brain cells.

Check the amount of tart posts on this board. I am sure there are thousands since they are a big topic for whatever reason since almost anyone can make them.

Ring~ There is no reason for you to be nasty.........To clear up your ignorance, I have had no desire to learn, search or care about tarts, tart warmers and all of the cutsie stuff that goes along with them until now. The only thing missing is your lack of tact!

Maybe you should know about them before you sell them. :wink2: Just a thought.

Tarts are easy to make, sell pretty good and lots of info on them is available on this site for you to read.

Merideth...................

I would never sell something I have not tried and like myself so we will see......

In all fairness, I had not planned on selling them until I knew what was up. Especially after chatting with folks last night. I did however make a bunch for myself, bought a tart warmer today and talked to some of the people at the show who also make them and I really do not see what is so great about them. JMO.

do you use for tarts? I have left over pillar wax and 50/50 and I wanted to make some tarts for my show tommorow. Can I use either one of these?

I just went on this statement which you made indicating you wanted to sell them at a show the next day. :smiley2: Tarts/electric melter can be good to use at shows that won't allow you to burn a candle. And they are easy to make.

Not a big deal, I originally thought about it, that is why I asked and then thought better of it after learning a little more..... It is amazing though the amount of people that were buying them from this one lady there but tarts was all she made plus she was selling warmers too.

What is the signifigance between the electric ones and the ones you use tea lights with? I mean I know the electric ones save the tea lights but is this not the point?

Goodness. the difference between electric and tealight is obvious. one is electric, the other is tealight. the serve the same function. some people think tealights provide a better scent throw. because they don't get as hot.

it is impossible to not know about tarts if you melt wax. tarts are candles without wicks, and smaller. it is just not possible. every third or forth post on this forum is about tarts. :confused:

The electric tart burners are great in situations where you can't have a flame like offices or around folks on oxygen. I too don't think they give off as much scent as a tea light burner as the tea light does get hotter than an electric burner. Both ultimately perform the same function - melt the tart to allow it to heat up and put scent out.

Goodness. the difference between electric and tealight is obvious. one is electric, the other is tealight. the serve the same function. some people think tealights provide a better scent throw. because they don't get as hot.

it is impossible to not know about tarts if you melt wax. tarts are candles without wicks, and smaller. it is just not possible. every third or forth post on this forum is about tarts. :confused:

Not to be ugly but the question I asked was not what was the difference but the significance???? I totally get the concept. Using tea lights seems like a waste.

Anyway~ It is not impossible to not know about all of the other things that people on here do with wax. I have no idea how to make hurricanes or any of the other items that ya'll discuss on this site. Nor have I searched for threads on them b/c I have had no desire to care.

I like tarts for the reason that I can buy a few scents at one time without spending a fortune. That is when I used to buy candles:) I make mine with 9% FO, so they are pretty strong. They will fill up a room quickly since they totally melt pretty quickly in a tart burner. I think they are a nice thing to add to your line of products. They are nice for the person not wanting to spend alot of money. I usually use a pillar/votive blend for mine.

Tarts are a great way to use different scents more frequently. I love to mix up my scents depending on my mood, so at time a candle is not what I want. I make tarts and candles, and both sell equally as well. Tarts are less expensive to make, and are quick pick up items at shows, and your prices are lower and people tend to buy more.

After Christmas and you use your new tart burner, let us know if you've "come to the other side." LOL! It's all good.