New website

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

This is not totally finished. I'm still adding products and playing with the wording and such. I've overhauled my entire website. I needed something to match my products and my style.

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to sweetcam68. She is the best. She was very quick and gave me exactly what I wanted. If you want a good webset, then go with her. She's a sweetheart as well. I signed up with handcraft market and I love it! It's a little confusing at first, but I have the hang of it. I still have to set up my Mal's cart.

Check it out, let me know what you think

http://www.scentsbyeilena.com

Eilena, I really like the Black & White concept, very classic, simple yet elegant. The only problem I noticed was under the soap category, the relaxing soap kinda blends in with the black stand so that it's kinda hard to see the soap itself, then again it could be the resolution on my computer.:D Overall, I think you've done a great job!!!:highfive:

your website looks awesome....I agree with the black and white theme on the displays, it's great. The only thing I saw that you may want to fix is the pictures that you've used for the flower pot votives.....your wicks are waaayyyy off center. That may deter some of the more candle savy customers from buying those...I would be hesitant myself.

That being said, you should be proud of your site....good luck!

Chris

I think everything looks nice, but I noticed you don't have the weight of your soap or your lotion bar listed.

Also, I think your lotion bar is incredibly cheap. Something that sounds as rich as cocoa and shea butters would probably be able to sell for at least twice what you're asking.

Maybe it's a good way to get people hooked--advertise it for $3 for a limited time as "introductory pricing," but make the regular price $6.

Guest EMercier

Well as I stated, This is still under construction. I'm not finished. I did notice I didn't put the weight on the soap. I did on my last website. I figured this out late last night. I'm still working on it, but that's one thing I did not over look. My wicks are straight, could be just the picture. I pride myself on straight wicks. As far as the lotion bars, that's my cost. I might have to re-think it later on, but I don't have high costs. Everyone's costs are different from the next. I spoke with someone at SCORE and the suggested that I try to raise some of the prices and see what I can get for them. Instead of getting a following and raising prices.

BUT, as far as everything else, I'm very content with the site. I've seen a lot worse.

Yes your site looks great, your products look wonderful but I would increase your prices..I think they are to low also! 5.00 for an 8 oz jelly jar candle is to low! You can get more than that for them! I was also wondering about the wick in that votive..but it could just be the picture..some distortion maybe?? Looks good, and I like the black and white concept also! Very clean looking!

I think everything looks nice, but I noticed you don't have the weight of your soap or your lotion bar listed.

I know you have to list the weight on the lotion bar, but is it a must for cp soap? I list the ingredients, but not the weight cuz each bar seems to be different, etc. :undecided

This is not totally finished. I'm still adding products and playing with the wording and such. I've overhauled my entire website. I needed something to match my products and my style.

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to sweetcam68. She is the best. She was very quick and gave me exactly what I wanted. If you want a good webset, then go with her. She's a sweetheart as well. I signed up with handcraft market and I love it! It's a little confusing at first, but I have the hang of it. I still have to set up my Mal's cart.

Check it out, let me know what you think

http://www.scentsbyeilena.com

Thanks Eilena, I appreciate the kind words, it was fun working on your webset for your site, you made it very easy for me by being clear on what you wanted, and I am glad that I was able to provide what you were looking for. The site looks great, cant wait to see it finished up. Thanks again. :wink2:

your website looks awesome....I agree with the black and white theme on the displays, it's great. The only thing I saw that you may want to fix is the pictures that you've used for the flower pot votives.....your wicks are waaayyyy off center. That may deter some of the more candle savy customers from buying those...I would be hesitant myself.

That being said, you should be proud of your site....good luck!

Chris

I agree too although you say the wicks are centered but to the customer's perspective they look crooked. Another thing I noticed is the label on the middle pot. It looks a bit off as oppose to the labels on your other products. You might want to reconsider retaking this picture so the wicks doesn't look crooked and have a better centered label.

Overall your site looks beautiful and elegant. Congratulations!

You might want to go back and use spell check on the fragrance descriptions. For instance you have for the

Apples and Maple.. " An intoxicating blend of fresh macintaosh apples with woody undertones .."

Winter Candy Apple - Bath & Body Works Type ..."A fruitty, clean blend of apples and sweet candied sugar.